Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.

FONT

MORE STORIES


Lots of organizations and agencies closing their doors and postpoining events in response to the coronavirus

Newberg Habitat for Humanity closes offices and ReStore facilities

Newberg Habitat for Humanity announced Friday it has shuttered its operations.

"Because of the recent outbreak of COVID-19, and in an abundance of caution concerning the safety of our staff, volunteers and customers, we have made the tough decision to temporarily close our Habitat ReStore to the general public," a release said. "We want to do our part to reduce exposure of at-risk staff members and volunteers to the virus, and to reinforce healthy communities."

Office staff will remain available via email, phone or by appointment, the release said.

The organization will consider its next steps on April 1 and advised local residents to look to its website, Facebook pages, newsletters and store signage for updates.

County clerk's office open, but only for in-person

visits by appointment

In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Yamhill County Clerk's Office has reduced its services to "critical transactions" in person and by appointment only.

"These transactions will be for those customers displaying no signs of illness," a release from the office said.

While the office will continue recording documenting, issuing marriage licenses, processing passport applications and conducting voter registration services, they must done electronically, by fax or through the mail.

County Clerk Brian Van Bergen said i n the release that e-recording is the best option for many transactions and is available through a service provider and available in all of Oregon's 36 counties.

E-recording contractors include: Simplifile (www.simplifile.com), CSC (www.erecording.com), Indecomm Global Services (www.inteledocdirect.net) and EPN (www.erecordingpartners.net).

For more information about services at the clerk's office, call 5043-434-7518 or visit www.co.yamhill.or.us/clerk.

Head Start will remain closed until March 31

Head Start of Yamhill County announced March 13 that it will close its centers, classes, home visits and all family events through March 31.

"Your home visitor will contact you next week with any concerns and to check in," said a release from the agency. "We will send out a letter to all families with resources and additional community supports available during this time."

For more information, call 503-472-2000 ext. 312 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

The organization has also canceled all non-essential gatherings, such as parent meetings, special events and field trips.

The organization's HS Family Carnival will be rescheduled to a later date in the spring and "all evening parent meetings between now and April 12 will also be postponed," a release from the agency said.

You'll have to get your BBQ chicken elsewhere

The annual St. Paul Knights of Columbus Palm Sunday chicken barbecue, originally scheduled for April 5, has been cancelled, organizers announced last week.

Youth Outreach Drop-in in Newberg center closed

Due to state and federal guidelines, the Youth Outreach Drop-In Center in Newberg will be closed until further notice, officials said last week.

The county organization responsible for the center has created a texting line at 971-237-7059 for youths to arrange appointments for services.

The main phone line of the drop-in center is 503-538-8023 for more questions.

Newberg Municipal Court will reschedule hearings

The city of Newberg announced last week that the Newberg Municipal Court will reschedule hearings slated for March. The court will be in contact with those scheduled to appear in court, but warned people that "this does not dismiss your citation; your appearance date is simply being rescheduled," according to a press release from the city.

For more information, call 503-537-1241 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Legacy League luncheon cancelled

The Legacy League luncheon scheduled for April 3 has been cancelled due to restrictions on meetings and gatherings at George Fox University. Look to the Graphic's community briefs in subsequent editions for information on when the luncheons will continue.


You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.

Go to top
JSN Time 2 is designed by JoomlaShine.com | powered by JSN Sun Framework