Passerby calls firefighters to Highland Stillhouse Pub
Clackamas Fire investigators have determined that a Monday morning electrical fire started in one of the restroom facilities of an Oregon City pub and spread to the void space between floors of the building.
No injuries were reported, and firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze and determined its cause, according to Clackamas Fire spokesman Brandon Paxton.
"The building has since been turned over to the owners as the investigation is complete," Paxton said.
Shortly before 5 a.m. April 19, 911 dispatched fire crews to the Highland Stillhouse Pub, 201 Second St., Oregon City.
A passerby had reported smoke coming out of the building, and firefighters quickly made entry to search for the fire and any occupants to ensure no one was inside asphyxiating. Based off smoke conditions and available information, additional units were requested.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.