Coming to venues this week (tickets still available at press time):
• Jay-Z will perform at the Moda Center, Thursday, Dec. 14. Tickets range from $27-$288 and are available at www.rosequarter.com. Parking is $20. Beyonce's husband's 13th and latest album is "4:44."
• Two McMenamins concerts are this week: SYML and Alice Merton will perform at the "December to Remember" show, 8 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 14, at the Crystal Ballroom, 1332 W. Burnside St. Tickets are $17. Sonny Hess, who produces the NW Women R&B shows, plays Edgefield in Troutdale, 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 14. It's free. For more: www.mcmenamins.com.
• Joining the Oregon Symphony with conductor Norman Huynh, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy gets into the swing of things with a high-energy concert, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 16, at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, 1037 S.W. Broadway. Tickets start at $25, www.orsymphony.org.
• The Star Theater, 13 N.W. Sixth Ave., plays host to an '80s party with the band Nite Wave playing INXS, Duran Duran, Billy Idol, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, The Cure, New Order, Depeche Mode and more. Farnell Newton will do a special Prince tribute, 9 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 16. Tickets: $12, $20 day of show, www.startheaterportland.com.
• Evanescence, touring in support of her fourth album, "Synthesis," performs at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, 1037 S.W. Broadway, 8 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 19. Tickets: $48-$275, www.portland5.com. Her tour, "Synthesis Live," will feature a reimagining of some of Evanescence's best songs with the spotlight on the orchestra, electronics combined with the band, and Amy Lee's virtuoso piano and voice.