FONT & AUDIO
Fertile Ground Festival
Fertile ground festival
There are scores of events left on the schedule for the Fertile Ground Festival of New Works at venues around Portland.
The following events are some highlights for the next several days; by no means are they the only shows to consider. Please check www.fertilegroundpdx.org for a complete lineup and information.
And check out our stories at portlandtribune.com for a rundown of some other highlighted shows, including "Three Sisters," "Truth AND Dare," "Bi-" and "Just This One."
• The Mini Musical Festival by Live on Stage presents six new, 15-minute musicals by local writers and composers at the Brunish Theatre, Jan. 18-21.
• CoHo Productions puts on "Philip's Glass Menagerie," Jan. 19-27 at CoHo Theater. It has elements of silent film and physical comedy, as well as Isaac Lamb as a Southern belle in a big dress.
• Dance performances, such as with Groovin' Greenhouse, are a draw at Fertile Ground. There also is bellydance and burlesque, such as a Narcissa Productions show Jan. 18 at Funhouse Lounge, featuring dancer Zoe Jakes of Beat Antique, music man Eric Stern, and the Allegro Dance Company.
• Gigi Rosenberg's solo performance of "The Interitance" examines family history and takes place Jan. 18-27 at Performance Works NW.
• Echo Theater explores themes of social justice through circus arts, dance, narrative and physical theater in "Stranger Than Fiction," Jan. 19-27, at Echo Theater.
• Storyteller Gretchen Peterson draws on mythology, lesbian history and comic book ethos with "Persephone Xoa Iris" at Taborspace," Jan. 18-26.
• PDX Playwrights has a full lineup of events.
• Again, check out all info at www.fertilegroundpdx.org.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.