Nothing says romance like a Johnny Mathis love song.
So the night before the lovers' day, it's "A Johnny Mathis Valentine," with the singer joining the Oregon Symphony, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 13, at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, 1037 S.W. Broadway. The symphony is conducted by Norman Huynh and Scott Lavender. Tickets start at $60. For more: www.portland5.com.
Coming to venues this week (tickets still available at press time):
• It's a Valentine's weekend affair with "Under the Covers With Lost Lander," featuring the Portland band along with Melville, The Breaking, Lenore and XRAY deejays, 9 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9, at the Doug Fir Lounge, 830 E. Burnside St. Tickets: $10-$12, www.dougfirlounge.com.
• Dark Star Orchestra, which plays Grateful Dead music and simulates sets from the band, performs at Roseland Theater, 8 N.W. Sixth Ave., 8 p.m. Friday-Saturday Feb. 9-10. Tickets: $26.50, www.roselandpdx.com.
• From Galway, Ireland, the quartet We Banjo 3 comes to Aladdin Theater, 3017 S.E. Milwaukie Ave., on their "Earth & Sky" tour, 8 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 11. Tickets: $20-$25, www.aladdin-theater.com.
• Metal band Kreator is joined by Sweden's Sabaton at the Wonder Ballroom, 128 N.E. Russell St., 7:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 12. Tickets: $27.50-$32, www.wonderballroom.com.
• The Oregon Symphony, conducted by Carlos Kalmar, is joined by pianist Natasha Paremski in playing Tchaikovsky's final symphony, "Symphony No. 6, Pathetique" and other pieces. Details: 7:30 p.m. Saturday-Monday, Feb. 10-12, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, 1037 S.W. Broadway, www.orsymphony.org, starting at $24.
• MO, aka Karen Marie Orsted from Funen, Denmark, and Norway producer Cashmere Cat, aka Magnus August Hoiberg, co-headline on their "Meow" tour, 8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 13, at the Roseland Theater, 8 N.W. Sixth Ave. Tickets: $28, www.roselandpdx.com.
• Canadian guitarist/composer/producer Jesse Cook's latest album, "Beyond Borders," debuted at No. 1 on the iTunes World Music Albums Chart. He'll perform at the Aladdin Theater, 3017 S.E. Milwaukie Ave., 8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 13. Tickets: $27.50-$42.50, www.aladdin-theater.com.
• Hip-hop producer Datsik, obsessed with the ninja culture, is performing at the Roseland Theater, 8 N.W. Sixth Ave., as part of his "Ninja Nation" tour, 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 14. Tickets: $39.95, www.roselandpdx.com.
Buy your tickets soon ...
• The Portland eclectic band MarchFourth returns to the city for its annual party, featuring three shows on two days at the Crystal Ballroom, 1332 W. Burnside St. The band plays funk, rock and jazz and features musicians, acrobats, stilt walkers and more. Their gigs are 3 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. March 3 and 8:30 p.m. March 4. For more: www.marchfourthband.com.
• Paul Simon is going on his "Homeward Bound — The Farewell Tour," and playing Moda Center May 19. Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday, Feb. 9, at www.LiveNation.com.
• The annual Sasquatch! Music Festival, to be held May 25-27 at the Gorge Amphitheatre in George, Wash., has announced its lineup. Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 10, at www.SasquatchFestival.com.
• Fresh off his Super Bowl halftime performance, Justin Timberlake announced his "Man of the Woods" tour dates, including Nov. 16 at Moda Center. You can buy tickets, if you're lucky, at 10 a.m. Monday, Feb. 12, at www.LiveNation.com.