Coming to venues this week (tickets still available at presstime):
• The concert season at McMenamins Edgefield in Troutdale begins with Better Than Ezra and Barenaked Ladies, Friday, June 8, and then Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull's 50th anniversary tour stop, Saturday, June 9. For more: www.edgefieldconcerts.com.
• Nellie McKay's shows have drawn rave reviews from Rolling Stone and others. The singer/songwriter will perform at the Alberta Rose Theatre, 3000 N.E. Alberta St., 8 p.m. Friday, June 8. Tickets: $20, $25 at door, www.albertarosetheatre.com. She co-created and starred in Off-Broadway hit "Old Hats," has three acclaimed musical biographies, and has put out six full-length albums.
• Dr. Dog performs at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, 1037 S.W. Broadway, 8 p.m. Friday, June 8. Tickets: $28-$45, www.portland5.com. The indie outfit has a new album, "Critical Equation," tabbed as the most infectious and adventurous collection that the band has done.
• Country duo Sugarland — Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush — appears at the Moda Center, 7 p.m. Saturday, June 9, on their "Still the Same" tour. Tickets: $35-$80, $20 parking, www.rosequarter.com. It's their first tour in five years.
• South Asian and Latin club music converge with Tropitaal: A Desi-Latino Soundclash, which celebrates its fifth anniversary, 9 p.m. Saturday, June 9, at Goodfoot Lounge, 2845 S.E. Stark St. It's hosted by deejays Anjali and The Incredible Kid. Tickets: $9, www.thegoodfoot.com.
• The School of Rock Portland continues a series of concerts at the Doug Fir Lounge, 830 E. Burnside St., by paying tribute to "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" (11:30 a.m. Saturday, June 9, $12, $15 at door), "Thrash Metal" (1:30 p.m. Saturday, June 9, $12/$15) and Beastie Boys (1 p.m. Sunday, June 10, $12/$15). For more: www.dougfirlounge.com.
• The original voice of Skid Row, Sebastian Bach performs at Dante's, 350 W. Burnside St., 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 12, with The Standstills. Tickets: $22.50, www.danteslive.com.
Buy your tickets soon ...
• A reminder: Andrea Bocelli, the famed tenor, will perform at the Moda Center, 8 p.m. June 23. Tickets still appear to be available ($78-$660-plus) at www.rosequarter.com. He's only performing five concerts in the United States, starting at the SAP Center in San Jose, Calif., and also Los Angeles, San Diego, Portland and Seattle.
• Half of the famed sister group Heart, Ann Wilson returns to Oregon for a solo concert (with some Heart hits mixed in) on July 9 at Salem's Elsinore Theatre. For tickets, see www.annwilsonofheart.com.
• Florence + The Machine are coming to the Moda Center on their North American tour, Sept. 11. Tickets are on sale at www.LiveNation. An anticipated new album, "High as Hope," comes out June 29 on Republic Records.