Coming to venues this week (tickets still available at press time):
• Here's an out-of-town event to consider: The Astoria Music Festival features 21 concerts/events, June 15-July 1, and a preview event at 8 p.m. Thursday, June 14, at The Old Church, 1422 S.W. 11th Ave., with violinist Mauren Nelson, cellist Sergey Antonov and pianist Cary Lewis. For more: theoldchurch.org, www.astoriamusicfestival.org.
• The Oregon Zoo Summer Concerts series starts Thursday, June 14, with Ziggy Marley. It's sold out. But tickets remain for the Violent Femmes, 7 p.m. Saturday, June 16, at the Oregon Zoo, 4001 S.W. Canyon Road. Tickets: $35-$95, www.zooconcerts.com.
• Country artists Justin Townes Earle and Lydia Loveless perform at the Aladdin Theatre, 3017 S.E. Milwaukie Ave., 8 p.m. Friday, June 15. Tickets: $25, www.aladdin-theater.com.
• Dante's, 350 W. Burnside St., again plays host to the local qualifier of the 2018 U.S. Air Guitar Championships, from which the winner goes to the national championship in New York. It's part rock show, part comedy act and part spectacle. It takes place at 9 p.m. Saturday, June 16. Tickets: $15, www.danteslive.com.
• GoGo Penguin earned plaudits at the 2017 South by Southwest (SXSW) festival, and they've released a new album, "A Humdrum Star." It's known for its mashup of minimalist piano themes, deeply propulsive bass lines and electronica-inspired drums. They'll play Revolution Hall, 1300 S.E. Stark St., 8 p.m. Sunday, June 17. Tickets: $20, www.revolutionhall.com.
Buy your tickets soon ...
• American rockers Godsmack and Shinedown are teaming up on a co-headlining tour. They'll play Veterans Memorial Coliseum on Oct. 11. Tickets are on sale at www.rosequarter.com.