Coming to venues this week (tickets still available at press time):
• Pop star Jessie J performs at the Crystal Ballroom, 1332 W. Burnside St., 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 4. Tickets: $39.50, $45 day of show, www.crystalballroompdx.com.
• Scottish rock band We Were Promised Jetpacks plays the Wonder Ballroom, 128 N.E. Russell St., 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 4, touring in support of "The More I Sleep the Less I Dream." Tickets: $16-$18, www.wonderballroom.com.
• The acclaimed Argentinian-Mexican musical couple Amanda Miguel and Diego Verdaguer are coming to Portland on their "Siempre Juntos" U.S. tour. They'll perform at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, 1037 S.W. Broadway, 8:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 5. Tickets: starting at $60, www.portland5.com.
• Chamber Music Northwest's season starts with Dover Quartet's "Made in America," 7:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 5, at Lincoln Performance Hall, 1620 S.W. Park Ave. Tickets: starting at $33, www.cmnw.org.
• If you're willing to travel, the great trumpeter Herb Alpert is playing the Elsinore Theatre in Salem, Friday, Oct. 5, touring in support of "Music Volume 3: Herb Alpert Reimagines The Tijuana Brass," which comes out Oct. 19. For more: www.elsinoretheatre.com.
• The Oregon Symphony presents "Star Trek Beyond in Concert," playing the Michael Giacchino music of the third installment in the J.J. Abrams' franchise reboot while the movie screens. Details: 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 6, 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 7, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, 1037 S.W. Broadway, www.orsymphony.org (check for tickets).
• David Mallett, author of "The Garden Song," performs at Alberta Rose Theatre, 3000 N.E. Alberta St., 7 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 7. Tickets: $25, $28 at door, www.albertarosetheatre.com.
• Actor Rita Wilson, Tom Hanks' wife, doubles as a singer these days. She'll be joined by Haley Johnsen at the Aladdin Theatre, 3017 S.E. Milwaukie Ave., 8 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 7. Tickets: $25, www.aladdin-theater.com.
• Former Fleetwood Mac great Lindsey Buckingham performs at Revolution Hall, 1300 S.E. Stark St., 8 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 7. Tickets: starting at $89.50, www.revolutionhall.com.
• Nick Lowe's Quality Rock & Roll Revue stars Los Straitjackets, 8 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 9 at Revolution Hall, 1300 S.E. Stark St. $39.50, $42 at door, www.revolutionhall.com.