Fertile Ground Festival of New Works
If you go
What: Fertile Ground Festival of New Works, held at several Portland venues through Feb. 3.
Here's a short list of some other shows:
• Theatre Vertigo stages "The Delays" by Sara Jean Accuardi, about a group of people going nowhere, Jan. 24-Feb. 23 at Shoebox Theatre. Info: www.theatrevertigo.org.
• Polaris Dance Theatre puts on its ninth annual Groovin' Greenhouse, Jan. 25-Feb. 9, with nine unique performances showcasing 14 different companies and freelance artists at Polaris Dance Theatre. Info: www.polarisdance.org.
• Storyteller Lawrence Howard presents his one-man show "Shackleton's Antarctic Nightmare," about an ill-fated 1914 Trans-Atlantic Expedition, with assistance from cellist Laurent Nickel and multimedia artist Michael Hill, Jan. 25-26, at The Old Church. Info: www.pdxstorytheater.org.
• Rogue Pack's "Creating Life Inside" was written by young men, 15-17 years old, in juvenile detention and awaiting trial. It's performed by actors who depict their subjects' lives. It stages Jan. 25-26 at Sellwood Playhouse. Info:
• "Disconnected: A Frankenstein Musical" stages at ReSound NW, Jan. 27-Feb. 3. It's Mary Shelley's story reimagined as a dark, passionate musical within a nostalgic, gothic realm in late 1990s Oregon. Info: www.DisconnectedMusical.com.
• The Portland Mini Musical Festival, which features six 15-minute musicals, takes place Jan. 24-27 at Brunish Theatre. The lineup: "The Machine," "One Move," "The Little Guy," "Murder or Metaphor?," "Rebellious Act" and "An Unkindness of Ravens." Info: www.portland5.com.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.