Coming to venues this week (tickets still available at press time):
• Darlingside wows crowds with their multi-instrumentalists. They'll play their "Tiny Desk Concert," in which they surround a single microphone, 8 p.m. Thursday, March 7, at the Aladdin Theater, 3017 S.E. Milwaukie Ave. Tickets: $22, $25 day of show, www.aladdin-theater.com. Their new album is "Look Up & Fly Away."
• The "Flannel Fest" tribute show at the Aladdin Theater, 3017 S.E. Milwaukie Ave., at 8 p.m. Saturday, March 9, features Washed in Black (Pearl Jam), Nevermind (Nirvana) and Stargazer (Mother Love Bone). Tickets: $20-$26, www.aladdin-theater.com.
• Portland's Terry Robb is an acclaimed fingerstyle blues guitarist, and he'll soon release his 15th solo recording, "Confessin' My Dues" via NiaSounds label. He'll put on a limited-edition album release show at the Secret Society Ballroom, 116 N.E. Russell St., 9 p.m. Friday, March 8, and then hit the road for 30 shows. Tickets: $22, $25 at door, www.secretsociety.net.
• Donavon Frankenreiter plays Revolution Hall, 1300 S.E. Stark St., 8 p.m. Saturday, March 9. Tickets: $25-$30, www.revolutionhall.com. His new album, "Heart," marks his second decade as a solo artist.
• LaRhonda Steele, backed by the Adrian Martin Sextet, sings the timeless songs of Nina Simone in "I Put a Spell on You" show at Alberta Rose Theatre, 3000 N.E. Alberta St., 8 p.m. Saturday, March 9. Tickets: $20, $24 at door, www.albertarosetheatre.com.
• Conducted by Carlos Kalmar and featuring violinist Sarah Kwak, the Oregon Symphony plays Mendelssohn's "Symphony No. 4," or "Italian," among other pieces at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, March 9, 2 p.m. Sunday, March 10, and 7:30 p.m. Monday, March 11, at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, 1037 S.W. Broadway. Tickets: starting at $24, www.orsymphony.org.
• On his "The Holy Roar" tour, Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter Chris Tomlin, a successful Christian music artist, plays the Moda Center, 7 p.m. Sunday, March 10. Tickets: starting at $18, www.rosequarter.com. His "Holy Roar" album is accompanied by the book "Holy Roar: 7 Words That Will Change the Way You Worship."
• OK Chorale brings back its band to Mississippi Studios, 3939 N. Mississippi Ave., for a big "Jesus Christ Superstar" sing-along on 7:30 p.m. Sunday, March 10. Tickets: $22, $25 at door, www.mississippistudios.com.
• Trumpet great Herb Alpert is joined by singer Lani Hall at Revolution Hall, 1300 S.E. Stark St., 8 p.m. Sunday, March 10. Tickets: $48, $50 day of show, www.revolutionhall.com.
A lot of shows sell out. We'll occasionally try to alert you to certain events that don't have tickets for sale anymore, which would allow you to ask friends — bother? — to take you. Or, evaluate the secondary market.
Quarterfash — Marv and Rindy Ross and the band — is putting on its final show, March 23 at Alberta Rose Theatre. But, it's sold out.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.