Coming to venues this week (tickets still available at press time):
• Darlingside wows crowds with their multi-instrumentalists. They'll play their "Tiny Desk Concert," in which they surround a single microphone, 8 p.m. Thursday, March 7, at the Aladdin Theater, 3017 S.E. Milwaukie Ave. Tickets: $22, $25 day of show, www.aladdin-theater.com. Their new album is "Look Up & Fly Away."
• The "Flannel Fest" tribute show at the Aladdin Theater, 3017 S.E. Milwaukie Ave., at 8 p.m. Saturday, March 9, features Washed in Black (Pearl Jam), Nevermind (Nirvana) and Stargazer (Mother Love Bone). Tickets: $20-$26, www.aladdin-theater.com.
• Portland's Terry Robb is an acclaimed fingerstyle blues guitarist, and he'll soon release his 15th solo recording, "Confessin' My Dues" via NiaSounds label. He'll put on a limited-edition album release show at the Secret Society Ballroom, 116 N.E. Russell St., 9 p.m. Friday, March 8, and then hit the road for 30 shows. Tickets: $22, $25 at door, www.secretsociety.net.
• Donavon Frankenreiter plays Revolution Hall, 1300 S.E. Stark St., 8 p.m. Saturday, March 9. Tickets: $25-$30, www.revolutionhall.com. His new album, "Heart," marks his second decade as a solo artist.
• LaRhonda Steele, backed by the Adrian Martin Sextet, sings the timeless songs of Nina Simone in "I Put a Spell on You" show at Alberta Rose Theatre, 3000 N.E. Alberta St., 8 p.m. Saturday, March 9. Tickets: $20, $24 at door, www.albertarosetheatre.com.
• Conducted by Carlos Kalmar and featuring violinist Sarah Kwak, the Oregon Symphony plays Mendelssohn's "Symphony No. 4," or "Italian," among other pieces at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, March 9, 2 p.m. Sunday, March 10, and 7:30 p.m. Monday, March 11, at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, 1037 S.W. Broadway. Tickets: starting at $24, www.orsymphony.org.
• On his "The Holy Roar" tour, Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter Chris Tomlin, a successful Christian music artist, plays the Moda Center, 7 p.m. Sunday, March 10. Tickets: starting at $18, www.rosequarter.com. His "Holy Roar" album is accompanied by the book "Holy Roar: 7 Words That Will Change the Way You Worship."
• OK Chorale brings back its band to Mississippi Studios, 3939 N. Mississippi Ave., for a big "Jesus Christ Superstar" sing-along on 7:30 p.m. Sunday, March 10. Tickets: $22, $25 at door, www.mississippistudios.com.
• Trumpet great Herb Alpert is joined by singer Lani Hall at Revolution Hall, 1300 S.E. Stark St., 8 p.m. Sunday, March 10. Tickets: $48, $50 day of show, www.revolutionhall.com.
A lot of shows sell out. We'll occasionally try to alert you to certain events that don't have tickets for sale anymore, which would allow you to ask friends — bother? — to take you. Or, evaluate the secondary market.
Quarterfash — Marv and Rindy Ross and the band — is putting on its final show, March 23 at Alberta Rose Theatre. But, it's sold out.