Coming to venues this week (tickets still available at press time):
• Elle King will bring her headlining "Shake the Spirit" tour to Crystal Ballroom, 1332 W. Burnside St., at 9 p.m. Thursday, May 23. She's known to draw genre-blending crowds and will be touring with Heart on their "Love Alive" tour. She'll then tour as support for Miranda Lambert. Tickets: $32, $35 day of show, crystalballroompdx.com.
n Singers Cris Williamson, Barbara Higbie and Teresa Trull reunite to perform an evening's worth of old and new favorites, 7:30 p.m. Friday, May 24, at Alberta Rose Theatre, 3000 N.E. Alberta St. Tickets: $32, $35 at door, www.albertarosetheatre.com.
• Oregon singer-songwriter Haley Johnsen recently completed her first headlining tour in Europe, playing 26 shows in five weeks earlier this year, followed by some dates with electronic DJ and producer Big Wild and the band Joseph. She recently released a single and video for "Everything Comes Back Again," the lead single for her upcoming first studio album and LP "Golden Days." She'll perform at 8 p.m. Friday, May 24, at the Doug Fir Lounge, 830 E. Burnside St. Tickets: $12-$14, www.dougfirlounge.com.
• Well-known actor Alicia Witt is also a singer-songwriter, and she'll perform at Crystal Ballroom/Lola's Room, 1332 W. Burnside St., 7 p.m. Sunday, May 26. Tickets: $20, www.mcmenamins.com. Witt has been in TV shows and movies for 30 years: "Nashville," "The Walking Dead," "Lore," "Cybill," "Twin Peaks," "Mr. Holland's Opus," "Two Weeks Notice." She just joined Netflix's "Orange is the New Black" for its upcoming seventh and final season. Her most recent album is "15,000 Days." She also has performed at the Grand Ole Opry.
• Mississippi Studios, 3939 N. Mississippi Ave., hosts Portland songwriters and musicians for the eighth annual Bob Dylan Birthday Bash, 8 p.m. Sunday, May 26. Tickets: $12, $15 day of show, www.mississippistudios.com.
• On his "The Individualist" tour, Todd Rundgren plays Revolution Hall, 1300 S.E. Stark St., 8 p.m. Monday, May 27. Tickets: starting at $59.50, www.revolutionhall.com.
• The 40-year affiliation between Portland State University Orchestra and Florestan Trio is celebrated in a performance of Beethoven's "Triple Concerto," 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 28, at Lincoln Performance Hall, 1620 S.W. Park Ave. It's put on by Friends of Chamber Music. The program also will include music of Schumann and Dvorak. Tickets: $15 students/seniors, $20 general admission, www.focm.org.
Buy your tickets soon ...
• The tribute festival Harefest 9 returns to Pat's Acres Racing Complex in Canby, July 12-13. It's put on by J-Fell Presents and the Wild Hare Saloon. There'll be 22 of the Northwest's best tribute bands performing on three stages on two days. For more: www.harefest.com.
Quality local journalism takes time and money, which comes, in part, from paying readers. If you enjoy articles like this one, please consider supporting us.
(It costs just a few cents a day.)