The annual tribute festival at Pat's Acres Racing Complex in Canby features 22 bands Friday and Saturday, July 12-13.
General admission tickets are still available at www.tickettomato.com.
On three stages, bands pay tribute to the music of the following: Journey, Aerosmith, Guns N' Roses, Heart, Eagles, Beastie Boys, Def Leppard, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, Judas Priest, Blondie, Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne, Loverboy, Foreigner, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Motley Crue, Whitesnake, Pat Benatar, Dokken, Bruce Springsteen, The Cult.
It's put on by J-Fell Presents and Wild Hare Saloon.
Coming to venues this week (tickets still available at press time):
• Chamber Music Northwest's 49th annual Summer Festival continues through July 28 at several venues. Tickets can be purchased at www.cmnw.org.
• Beck and Cage the Elephant are co-headliners on their "The Night Running" tour, with special guest Spoon. They play Sunlight Supply Amphitheater in Ridgefield, Wash., Thursday, July 11. Tickets: www.LiveNation.com.
• Back after a two-year hiatus, the all-female Americana trio Red Molly plays Alberta Rose Theatre, 3000 N.E. Alberta St., 8 p.m. Thursday, July 11. Tickets: $24-$28, www.albertarosetheatre.com. Their latest CD is "The Red Album."
• Paul Thorn, with special guest Bonnie Bishop, plays Alberta Rose Theatre, 3000 N.E. Alberta St., 8 p.m. Friday, July 12. Tickets: $30, $35 at door, www.albertarosetheatre.com. Thorn goes back to his gospel roots with "Don't Let the Devil Ride." Bishop is a Grammy-winning Americana songwriter.
• Portland's Lilla puts on an album release party for "Soul Love," 9:15 p.m. Saturday, July 13, at the Jack London Revue, 529 S.W. Fourth Ave. Tickets: $12, www.roselandpdx.com. The latest single is "Don't Stop The Music." She performed at the Waterfront Blues Festival last week.
• McMenamins Edgefield in Troutdale has three upcoming concerts: Rodrigo y Gabriela, "Mettavolution" tour, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 16 (starting at $47.29); Common, "Let Love" tour, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 17 ($44.50, $50 at door). For more: www.edgefieldconcerts.com. Lizzo also performs at Edgefield July 18-19, but both shows have sold out.
Buy your tickets soon ...
• The Portland Spirit welcomes the Northwest's best tribute bands, who will cruise along with passengers all summer, 3:15-5 p.m. every Thursday. It starts with Petty Fever (Tom Petty) on Thursday, July 11. The rest of the lineup: Erotic City Prince Tribute (Prince), July 18; Glass Of Hearts (Blondie), July 25; Gold Dust (Fleetwood Mac), Aug. 1; Lucky Town (Bruce Springsteen), Aug. 8; S.O.S. Police (The Police/Sting), Aug. 15; Fortunate Son PDX (Creedence Clearwater Revival), Aug. 22; Mighty Mangoes (Jimmy Buffett), Aug. 29; S.O.S. Police (The Police/Sting), Sept. 5; Garcia Birthday Band (Grateful Dead), Sept. 12; Doll Party (Dolly Parton), Sept. 19; Girl Can't Help It (Journey), Sept. 26. Passengers board at 2:45 p.m. at 1020 S.W. Naito Parkway. Tickets are $37. For more: portlandspirit.com.
n It's not too early to think about holiday show tickets. Cirque Musica presents "Holiday Wishes," with the orchestra playing holiday favorites as acrobats and aerialists perform. Tickets for the Nov. 24 performance at Moda Center go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday, July 12, at www.rosequarter.com.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.