Coming to venues this week (we're thinking tickets still available):
• At Nordia House, 8800 S.W. Oleson Road, it's SVER, a Norwegian folk group, in concert, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 5. It's presented by Alberta Rose Theatre. Tickets: $30, www.albertarosetheatre.com.
• For two decades Willy Porter has been entertaining fans with indie folk/rock music and his guitar sound, absorbing lyrics and playful energy. He has shared the stage with Jeff Beck, Tori Amos and Paul Simon, and he'll perform at Alberta Rose Theatre, 3000 N.E. Alberta St., 8 p.m. Friday, Sept. 6. Tickets: $23, $27 at door, www.albertarosetheatre.com.
• Iron Maiden plays Moda Center, 7:30 p.m. Sept. 6, and some tickets ($46-$97, $20 parking) still remain. See www.rosequarter.com. The heavy metal band is on its "Legacy Of The Beast" tour.
• Rapper Big Boi throws it down at Roseland Theater, 8 N.W. Sixth Ave., 9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 6. Tickets: $35, www.roselandpdx.com.
• The Oregon Symphony kicks off its season with its annual concert at the Oregon Zoo amphitheater, playing favorites such as Barber's "Adagio for Strings," music from "Star Wars" and Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture." Details: 7 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 7, Oregon Zoo, 4001 S.W. Canyon Road, www.orsymphony.org, $29-$85
• At McMenamins Edgefield in Troutdale, it's Cake and Ben Folds, 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 7. Tickets: $60, $65 day of show, www.edgefieldconcerts.com.
• The top-selling Hawaiian female vocalist of all time, the five-time Grammy Awards winner Amy Hanaiali'i Gilliom, performs at Alberta Rose Theatre, 3000 N.E. Alberta St., 8 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 10. Tickets: $28, $35 at door, www.albertarosetheatre.com. She has an upcoming jazz album, which features a duet with Michael McDonald.
• At Elsinore Theatre in Salem, the band Squeeze continues its celebration of its 45th anniversary with "The Squeeze Songbook 2019" tour, and they'll certainly play hits such as "Tempted," "Pulling Mussels From A Shell," "Hour Glass" and more at the Tuesday, Sept. 10, concert. X is opening. For more: www.elsinoretheatre.com.
• Deep Purple is on its "The Long Goodbye Tour" and stops at Keller Auditorium, 222 S.W. Clay St., 8 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 10. Members of the legendary band are Ian Gillan, Roger Glover, Ian Paice, Steve Morse and Don Airey. The band, with various members and lead singers, has toured since 1968. Tickets: $69.50-$125, portland5.com.
n Bon Iver, joined by Sharon Van Etten, plays Moda Center, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 10. Tickets: starting at $39, $20 parking, www.rosequarter.com.
• The Mountain Goats play two local shows: 8 p.m. Monday, Sept. 9, at Crystal Ballroom, 1332 W. Burnside; 8 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 10, at Aladdin Theater, 3017 S.E. Milwaukie Ave. Tickets are $31 in advance and $36 at door for both shows, www.crystalballroompdx.com, www.aladdin-theater.com. Lydia Loveless also performs.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.