Coming to venues this week (tickets still available at press time):
• Joan Shelley has a new album, "Like the River Loves the Sea," which Rolling Stone dubbed as "one of the year's most beautiful records." She'll play at 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 10, at Mississippi Studios, 3939 N. Mississippi Ave. Tickets: $15, www.mississippistudios.com.
• The Oregon Symphony, conducted by David Danzmayr, plays Stravinsky's "Firebird" and more, joined by percussionist Colin Currie, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 12, 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 13, and 7:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 14, at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, 1037 S.W. Broadway. Tickets: starting at $24, www.orsymphony.org.
• Che Apalache, a Latin American/roots/bluegrass outfit led by Joe Troop and based in Buenos Aires, Argentina, plays the Alberta Rose Theatre, 3000 N.E. Alberta St., at 7 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 13. Tickets: $18, $22 at door, www.albertarosetheatre.com.
• A highlight of the Waterfront Blues Festival, Christone "Kingfish" Ingram returns to Portland on his "Fish Grease: A Juke Joint" tour to play the Star Theater, 13 N.W. Sixth Ave., 8 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 13. Tickets: $18, www.startheaterportland.com.
• At the Rose Quarter, it's the Jonas Brothers on their "Happiness Begins" tour, 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 13, at the Moda Center. Tickets: starting at $29, parking $25.
Other concerts: Bring Me the Horizon, 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 14, Moda Center, starting at $36, parking $13; Tyler, the Creator, 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 14, Veterans Memorial Coliseum, starting at $26, parking $10; Bush and +Live+, 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15, Veterans Memorial Coliseum, starting at $20, parking $17.
For more: www.rosequarter.com.
• The Manhattan Transfer is playing Revolution Hall, 1300 S.E. Stark St., 8 p.m. Monday, Oct. 14. Tickets: $55-$65, www.revolutionhall.com.
• Presented by Friends of Chamber Music, San Francisco-based Telegraph Quartet plays Mendelssohn, Britten, Haydn and more at Lincoln Performance Hall, 1620 S.W. Park Ave., 7:30 p.m. Monday-Tuesday, Oct. 14-15. Tickets: $32-$57, www.focm.org.
• The female-fronted Japanese metal band Babymetal and Mongolian heavy metal band The Hu play Roseland Theater, 8 N.W. Sixth Ave., 8 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15. Tickets: $49, www.roselandpdx.com.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.