Coming to venues this week (tickets still available at press time):
• The Ranconteurs and Portland's Summer Cannibals team up for a show at the Crystal Ballroom, 1332 W. Burnside St., 8 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5. Tickets: $79.50 advance, $85 day of show, www.crystalballroompdx.com. The Raconteurs, which includes Jack White, have released new music for the first time in 10 years.
• The Chainsmokers are on their "World War Joy" tour, and they'll play the Moda Center at 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5. Tickets: starting at $25, parking $20, www.rosequarter.com.
• Music Under the Dome is a monthly concert series combining live music with stunning visuals in the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry planetarium, 1945 S.E. Water Ave. The concert "Pictures in the Sky," 8 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, features pianist/guitarist Naomi LaViolette and her star-inspired original lyrics. Tickets: $15, www.omsi.edu.
• Venerable rock radio station KGON is marking its 45th year with an anniversary show featuring the Tim Taylor Band, The Rolling Tones and Petty Fever, 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6, at Revolution Hall, 1300 S.E. Stark St. Tickets: $22-$75, www.revolutionhall.com. The event also will pay tribute to deejay Iris Harrison, who's leaving the station after 42 years.
• Classic rockers Howlin Rain play the Doug Fir Lounge, 830 E. Burnside St., 9 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6. Tickets: $12, $15 day of show, www.dougfirlounge.com.
• Portland's The Dandy Warhols are celebrating their 25th anniversary, and they play a hometown show at 8 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7 at the Crystal Ballroom, 1332 W. Burnside St. Tickets: $22.50 advance, $25 day of show, www.crystalballroompdx.com.
• The Oregon Symphony, led by Christian Kluxen and joined by vocalist Gabriel Kahane, explores Prokofiev's richly melodic "Symphony No. 5" and more, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 8, and 7:30 p.m. Monday, Dec. 9, at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, 1037 S.W. Broadway. Tickets: starting at $24, www.orsymphony.org. The witty and inventive Kahane wowed symphony audiences two years ago in "emergency shelter intake form."
• Aladdin Theater, 3017 S.E. Milwaukie Ave., welcomes the CMA Songwriters Series, 7 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 8. Tickets: $20, www.aladdin-theater.com.
• Vintage Trouble plays Hawthorne Theatre, 1507 S.E. 39th Ave., along with Hollis Brown, 8 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 10. Tickets: $20, $25 day of show, www.hawthornetheatre.com.
• Singer/songwriter Mat Kearney is on an acoustic tour supporting the album "City of Black and White Revisited." He plays the Aladdin Theater, 3017 S.E. Milwaukie Ave., 8 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 11. Tickets: $39.50, www.aladdin-theater.com.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.