Live Music: TobyMac plays Veterans Memorial Coliseum March 1
Coming to venues this week (tickets still available at press time):
• The Biamp PDX Jazz Festival continues through March 1 at several Portland venues.
Among the highlights: Rebecca Kilgore will be honored as this year's Jazz Master at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 27, at The Old Church, 1422 S.W. 11th Ave., in a concert by Kat Edmonson. The next night at 7 p.m. she'll perform at Al's Den, 303 S.E. 12th Ave., with longtime favorite pianist Randy Porter and bass player Jon Lakey.
For details: www.pdxjazz.com.
• Sarah McLachlan takes the stage at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, 1037 S.W. Broadway, for an evening of songs and storytelling, 8 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 27. Tickets: $50.50-$126, www.portland5.com. She's sold more than 40 million albums and is famous for many songs, including "Angel."
• Korn and Breaking Benjamin are touring together and will stop at the Moda Center at 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 27. Tickets: starting at $46, parking $20, www.rosequarter.com.
• Led by Justin Freer, the Oregon Symphony presents "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" in concert as they play the Patrick Doyle movie score for the first time at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28, 2 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 29, and 2 p.m. Sunday, March 1. Tickets: starting at $35, www.portland5.com.
• Donavon Frankenreiter, on his "The Record Player Tour" and joined by special guest Christina Holmes, plays the Aladdin Theater, 3017 S.E. Milwaukie Ave., 8 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 29. Tickets: $25, www.aladdin-theater.com.
• On their "The Lonely Generation Tour," Echosmith performs at the Hawthorne Theatre, 1507 S.E. 39th Ave., at 8 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 29. Tickets: $25, $30 day of show, www.hawthornetheatre.com.
• The Metropolitan Youth Symphony puts on its Community Concert Celebration at 4 p.m. Sunday, March 1, at the Newmark Theatre, 1111 S.W. Broadway. Tickets: $16-$38, www.portland5.com.
• Christian musician TobyMac, a seven-time Grammy winner, returns to Portland on his "Hits Deep Tour," performing with special guests at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum at 7 p.m. Sunday, March 1. Tickets: starting at $12, parking $17, www.rosequarter.com.
• MarchFourth returns to its hometown each year for shows benefiting the Joy Now Arts Project, which supports young musicians. This year's show is at 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 3, at the Crystal Ballroom, 1332 W. Burnside St. Tickets are $20, $25 day of show, $10 kids 4-12, $15 students/seniors. Then, it plays its anniversary extravaganza, 8 p.m. Wednesday, March 4, at the Crystal Ballroom. Tickets are $25, $30 day of show. For more: www.crystalballroompdx.com.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.