Pilots' Brundage gets WCC recognition
• Beau Brundage of the University of Portland has been named West Coast Conference player of the week.
The sophomore center fielder from Buford, Georgia, was 10 for 20 in five games, one against Oregon State and then in a 2-2 series split at home with UC Irvine.
He has a career-best 15-game hitting streak.
Brundage's two-run single with two outs in the eighth inning on Sunday propelled the Pilots to a 7-6 victory. He also stole a base and threw out two Anteater runners.
• Oregon's Parker Kelly, a junior from Westview High, has been named national player of the week by Collegiate Baseball, and chosen as the Pac-12 pitcher of the week.
Kelly didn't give up a run in seven innings, while striking out 14 batters and walking one in three appearances in games against UC Davis and Florida Atlantic.
This season, he is 4-0 with a 0.00 ERA, along with 23 K's and two walks in 14 innings. His four wins are tied for the national lead. Opponents are hitting .111 against him.
COLLEGE MEN'S GOLF
• Oregon finished seventh in the 14-team Bandon Dunes Championships going into Tuesday's final round.
The Ducks lowered their Sunday score by three strokes, shooting a 1-under-par 283 for a 1-over total of 569.
Arizona State, ranked 22nd, leads by five shots over Utah. The Sun Devils finished at 17-under 551.
Oregon's top golfer, Norman Xiong, went from 68 on Sunday to 75 and dropped 20 spots into a tie for 26th.
COLLEGE WOMEN'S GOLF
Oregon State was fifth out of 14 teams after the first day of the two-day Entrada Classic at St. George, Utah.
The Beavers fired rounds of 291 and 299 for a 14-over-par 590 total.
Kent State, ranked 18th in the nation, took a one-shot lead at 577 over No. 48 BYU, with No. 26 North Carolina third at 585.
OSU's Nicole Schroeder had two 71s and was tied for third at 2-under 142. Kent State's Pimnipa Panthong leads at 138.
COLLEGE WOMEN'S TENNIS
Washington State 5, PORTLAND 2 `
• The 50th-ranked Cougars completed a sweep in the state of Oregon, following up on their victory against the 21st-ranked Ducks with the win at Louisiana Pacific Tennis Center.
UP fell to 3-7. WSU is 16-1.
Winning for Portland were No. 2 singles Radina Dimitrova in three sets and No. 3 Lourdes Ramalle in straight sets.
COLLEGE BEACH VOLLEYBALL
SAN JOSE STATE 4, Portland 1
• Portland picked up a win at the No. 2 spot, where Morgan Robinson and Katie Baker teamed up for a 21-15, 21-17 triumph at Saratoga, California.
The Pilots are 1-3 this spring.