Oregon men sixth in Bandon Dunes tourney
COLLEGE MEN'S GOLF
• No. 24 Oregon took sixth in the 14-team Bandon Dunes Championship at Pacific Dunes.
Oregon had a 4-under-par 848 for 54 holes.
Arizona State, the No. 22-ranked team in the nation, won at 824 and by 13 strokes over No. 15 Clemson, after going into the final day with a five-shot lead on Utah, which slipped to fourth behind Washington State.
Ryan Gronlund led the Ducks, shooting a 5-under 66 (after a 67 on Monday) for 4-under 209 total that raised him into a tie for ninth.
COLLEGE WOMEN'S GOLF
• Oregon State finished fourth out of 14 teams in the Entrada Classic at St. George, Utah.
OSU sophomore Nicole Schroeder, a Rocklin, California golfer who began the day tied for third and four shots out of the lead, placed third, five behind the winner, Pimnipa Panthong of Kent State. Schroeder shot a 2-under 70 on Tuesday and totaled 213, 3-under.
Host BYU won the team title with a par total of 864. Kent State was second at 866, followed by Texas Tech (878) and the Beavers (881), who topped No. 26 North Carolina by five shots.
COLLEGE MEN'S SOCCER
• Concordia has announced the signing of 10 players for 2018.
The list includes Cleveland High's Loic Barnes, a 5-11 forward/midfielder, and Central Catholic's Brandon McCurtain, a 5-10 defender.
Three of the signees are from Westview High — 6-0 midfielder Takumi Jankovsky, 5-10 midfielder Dane Kiger and 5-11 midfielder/defender Liam Kiger.
Garrick Gagurevich, a 5-9 midfielder from Tigard High and Portland Community College, also is joining the Cavaliers.
One of the signees hails from the international ranks: 6-1 defender Axel Lonnfors of Helsinki, Finland, who comes via Texas Rio Grande Valley.
• Multnomah University has signed goalkeer Ivan Morales, who lives in Fairview and played for Open Door Christian Academy.
• Oregon State has added transfer Amy Underdown from Northeastern. She is a 6-1 outside hitter and native of Temecula, California. She will be a junior for the Beavers in 2018.