Little League baseball shoes for $6.95
Feb. 21-25, 1968
Little League baseball season is here, and Caplan's downtown has shoes from $6.95.
• Before 13,148 fans in San Diego, the Western Hockey League-leading Portland defeats the Gulls 3-0, giving the Buckaroos a four-point edge on the second-place Seattle Totems. Norm Johnson scores twice, Art Jones once, and Jim McLeod makes 23 saves.
• Portland will have a new, indoor professional lacrosse team in May, and it looks like ex-Buckaroo Jack Bionda will be the head coach.
• A crowd of 2,300 at Portland State sees the Vikings fall 23-6 in wrestling to Oregon State. PSU had won 25 consecutive home matches dating to 1965. The gate for PSU-OSU sets a Vikings school record, totaling $1,905.05.
• Linfield College hires Ad Rutschman from Hillsboro High as its football coach, replacing Paul Durham, who has retired.
• Lonnie Mayne will wrestle solo against the Crusher at the Portland Armory for the Northwest heavyweight championship, after a rift with Tony Borne caused the breakup of their tag team. The Bond Bomber reportedly assaulted Borne, sending him to the hospital.