If there were sports today ...
Without the coronavirus pandemic, this would have been a typically busy Tuesday ...
• The Blazers would have had six games left in their NBA regular season, with their next game Thursday at home against the Utah Jazz.
• The Portland Winterhawks would be in the Western Hockey League playoffs.
• The Portland Timbers would be coming off their third of 34 scheduled MLS regular-season games, a Saturday clash at home against the Philadelphia Union. Next up on the original 2020 schedule: a trip to play the Houston Dynamo on April 4.
• The Portland Thorns would be coming off their first preseason game.
• Portland Timbers 2 would be prepping for a Sunday, April 5 game against San Antonio at Hillsboro Stadium.
• The Seattle Mariners would be playing their second series of the MLB season, facing the Minnesota Twins to Safeco Field in the second of three games.
• The Oregon State men's golf team was supposed to be playing the final round of the Redhawk Invitational at Tacoma, Washington.
• The Portland State women's golfer team would have been wrapping up the Fresno State Classic in California.
• PSU's softball team would have played, weather permitting, against Corban in Hillsboro.
• The Concordia men's golf team would be in the final round of the Hanny Stanislaus Invitational at Turlock, California.
• In high school baseball, Jesuit, Central Catholic, Lincoln and Roosevelt would have games, barring rain or wet diamonds.
The prep softball slate would have Roosevelt, Franklin, Wilson, Madison, Grant, Central Catholic, Jesuit and La Salle Prep in action.
Lacrosse, tennis and golf teams also would be busy for some.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.