Scoresheet: OSU baseball sweeps Grand Canyon
College baseball — Oregon State beat Grand Canyon 4-2 to complete a four-game sweep and improve to 7-1.
The Beavers rallied with two runs in the top of the eighth and added an insurance run in the ninth on a homer by Troy Claunch, who went 3 for 5.
Andy Armstrong's solo home run in the eighth tied the game at 2-2 and Jacob Melton drove inthe go-ahead run.
• Seattle U 8, Oregon 4 — The Redhawks scored four in the fifth and, after the Ducks tied it with three in the sixth, four more in the seventh to earn a split of their four-game series at PK Park.
Gavin Grant went 2 for 2 and reached base four times. Gabe Matthews had a double and RBI but was stranded three times.
Starter Cullen Kafa pitched four shutout innings. Andrew Mosiello struck out six but took the loss.
• Portland splits at UC Davis — The Pilots won Sunday's opener 7-4 and the Aggies took the second game 1-0. In the first game, freshman designated hitter Sam Brown was 2 for 3 with an RBI double in a four-run fourth inning.
Christian Peters (1-1) got the win and Eli Morse a five-out save.
College softball — No. 8 Oregon improved to 9-0, beating top-ranked UCLA and Utah in non-conference play.
Oregon 3, UCLA 1 — Brooke Yanez struck out 10 and scattered six hits, and Alyssa Brito and Shaye Bowden hit solo home runs.
Oregon 7, Utah 2 — Six of the Ducks' 10 hits were for extra bases and Brito, Allee Bunker, Haley Cruse and Mya Felder hit home runs.
• Arizona 2, Oregon State 1 — The No. 3-ranked Wildcats (10-0) scored twice from three singles in the bottom of the eighth to rally for the tie-breaker win over the visiting Beavers (6-2). Mariah Mazon hit a solos homer for OSU.
• Oklahoma 8, Portland State 0 — The No. 2-ranked Sooners had three pitchers combine on a five-inning no-hitter as the Vikings (1-4) closed out their season-opening weekend in Phoenix, Arizona.
College volleyball — Oregon won its seventh match in a row, a program record for Pac-12 play, by beating Colorado in four sets. Brooke Nuneviller had 15 of Oregon's 56 kills and added 17 digs and Abby Hansen was in on 10 of the team's 15 blocks.
• Montana State 3, Portland State 1 — A 31-29 win in the third set propelled the Bobcats past the Vikings (1-10, 0-10 Big Sky). PSU had three set points in that third set.
Maddy Reeb had 14 kills, 23 assists and 12 digs for her second triple-double of the season.
College women's soccer — Oregon State knocked off No. 3-ranked Stanford by a 2-1 score in Corvallis, handing the Cardinal their second loss in three days in the Willamette Valley.
McKenzie Weinert and Abby Schwartz scored second-half goals for the Beavers.
Oregon State's win, its second ever over the Cardinal, did not. Because of COVID-19, Pac-12 teams are playing a schedule that includes non-conference matches against conference opponents. The Beavers will play a conference match on March 26 at Stanford.
Pac-12 wrestling championships — Devan Turner (133 pounds) and Grant Willits (141 pounds) each won his second Pac-12 title and helped host Oregon State finish second behind Arizona State in team scoring on Sunday, Feb. 28.
Hunter Willits (157 pounds) and J.J. Dixon (197 pounds) placed second and qualified for the NCAA Wrestling Championships, which take place March 18-20 in St. Louis.
College women's basketball — Portland State beat Warner Pacific 83-41 on Sunday at Viking Pavilion. PSU (10-11) led 51-15 at halftime. It was the Vikings' final home game and second win in a week over the NAIA Knights.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.