Oregon State Parks smash attendance records in 2018
Oregon state parks saw a record-setting number of overnight visitors in 2018. More than 2.8 million overnight stays were documented.
That's an increase of more than 100,000 visitors since 2017.
Now, the state Parks and Recreation Department is looking to adjust rates in an attempt to persuade campers to go to less-visited spots.
The bulk of 2018 park visitors headed to the Oregon Coast.
These were the top five parks with the most overnight stays in 2018:
5. Beverly Beach State Park: 157,310
4. Jessie M. Honeyman Memorial State Park: 173,219
3. Nehalem Bay State Park: 180,320
2. South Beach State Park: 201,522
1. Fort Stevens State Park: 279,432
Click here to read the rest of the story by OPB, a news partner of the Portland Tribune.