Rates slashed at state park RV campsites across Oregon
The Oregon Parks and Recreation Department (OPRD) will offer discounted rates for electrical and full hookup RV campsites at nearly a dozen states parks through the end of November.
OPRD associate director Chris Havel announced the discount as a pilot program on Sept. 9 to see if the price drop can encourage campers to explore different parks during the end of the camping season.
"The fall is a great time to enjoy the changing season, and there's nothing like a cozy campfire on a brisk fall morning," Havel said. "We challenge Oregonians to discover their new favorite camping season."
Travelers will be able to use the code "FallFun19" at oregonstateparks.reserveamerica.com to receive a $7 discount off the nightly RV campsite rate. Regular RV rates range from $24-$34 a night, representating a discount of between 20 to 29 percent, depending on the state park.
The discount is available at the following Oregon State Parks:
• Bullards Beach State Park (Bandon)
• Champoeg State Heritage Area (St. Paul)
• Detroit Lake State Recreation Area (Detroit)
• Emigrant Springs State Heritage Area (Meachum)
• Farewell Bend State Recreation Area (Huntington)
• Fort Stevens State Park (Warrenton)
• Humbug Mountain State Park (Port Orford)
• Joseph H. Stewart State Recreation Area (McLeod)
• L.L. Stub Stewart Memorial State Park (Buxton)
• Prineville Reservoir State Park (Prineville)
• South Beach State Park (Newport)
The discount will also be available at Milo McIver State Park in Estacada and Viento State Park in Cascade Locks for October only.
• The discount applies to online advanced reservations only and will not apply to reservations made by phone or to walk-in campers, nor can OPRD apply it to existing reservations.
• The discount is only for new reservations made on or after Sep. 9, 2019.
• Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
• The discount is for recreational vehicle campsites only.
ADA-accessible campsites are eligible for the discount. To reserve an ADA-accessible site and apply the discount, call the state parks information center at 800-551-6949, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.