Rates slashed at state park RV campsites across Oregon
The Oregon Parks and Recreation Department (OPRD) will offer discounted rates for electrical and full hookup RV campsites at nearly a dozen states parks through the end of November.
OPRD associate director Chris Havel announced the discount as a pilot program on Sept. 9 to see if the price drop can encourage campers to explore different parks during the end of the camping season.
"The fall is a great time to enjoy the changing season, and there's nothing like a cozy campfire on a brisk fall morning," Havel said. "We challenge Oregonians to discover their new favorite camping season."
Travelers will be able to use the code "FallFun19" at oregonstateparks.reserveamerica.com to receive a $7 discount off the nightly RV campsite rate. Regular RV rates range from $24-$34 a night, representating a discount of between 20 to 29 percent, depending on the state park.
The discount is available at the following Oregon State Parks:
• Bullards Beach State Park (Bandon)
• Champoeg State Heritage Area (St. Paul)
• Detroit Lake State Recreation Area (Detroit)
• Emigrant Springs State Heritage Area (Meachum)
• Farewell Bend State Recreation Area (Huntington)
• Fort Stevens State Park (Warrenton)
• Humbug Mountain State Park (Port Orford)
• Joseph H. Stewart State Recreation Area (McLeod)
• L.L. Stub Stewart Memorial State Park (Buxton)
• Prineville Reservoir State Park (Prineville)
• South Beach State Park (Newport)
The discount will also be available at Milo McIver State Park in Estacada and Viento State Park in Cascade Locks for October only.
• The discount applies to online advanced reservations only and will not apply to reservations made by phone or to walk-in campers, nor can OPRD apply it to existing reservations.
• The discount is only for new reservations made on or after Sep. 9, 2019.
• Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
• The discount is for recreational vehicle campsites only.
ADA-accessible campsites are eligible for the discount. To reserve an ADA-accessible site and apply the discount, call the state parks information center at 800-551-6949, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Quality local journalism takes time and money, which comes, in part, from paying readers. If you enjoy articles like this one, please consider supporting us.
(It costs just a few cents a day.)