SmartPark garage rates going up
Parking downtown in one of the city's five SmartPark garages will get a little more expensive.
The city said Friday, Nov. 8, that rates will go up Nov. 18. The Bureau of Transportation announced that rates will go up by $2 a day, ranging from $16 a day in the 10th and Yamhill garage to $20 a day at the First and Jefferson garage. The change applies to customers who enter a garage between 5 a.m. and 4:59 p.m. and stay for more than four hours. Rates for people parking up to four hours will stay the same. So will evening rates, which begin at 5 p.m.
The city said the new rates were designed to increase the number of spaces available for people visiting downtown.
New rates for the five SmartPark garages will be:
• First and Jefferson garage: old rate, $18 a day; new rate, $20 a day.
• Third and Alder garage: old rate, $16 a day; new rate, $18 a day.
• Fourth and Yamhill garage: old rate, $16 a day; new rate, $18 a day.
• 10th and Yamhill garage: old rate, $14 a day; new rate, $16 a day.
• Naito and Davis garage: old rate, $16 a day; new rate, $18 a day.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.