SmartPark garage rates going up
Parking downtown in one of the city's five SmartPark garages will get a little more expensive.
The city said Friday, Nov. 8, that rates will go up Nov. 18. The Bureau of Transportation announced that rates will go up by $2 a day, ranging from $16 a day in the 10th and Yamhill garage to $20 a day at the First and Jefferson garage. The change applies to customers who enter a garage between 5 a.m. and 4:59 p.m. and stay for more than four hours. Rates for people parking up to four hours will stay the same. So will evening rates, which begin at 5 p.m.
The city said the new rates were designed to increase the number of spaces available for people visiting downtown.
New rates for the five SmartPark garages will be:
• First and Jefferson garage: old rate, $18 a day; new rate, $20 a day.
• Third and Alder garage: old rate, $16 a day; new rate, $18 a day.
• Fourth and Yamhill garage: old rate, $16 a day; new rate, $18 a day.
• 10th and Yamhill garage: old rate, $14 a day; new rate, $16 a day.
• Naito and Davis garage: old rate, $16 a day; new rate, $18 a day.
Quality local journalism takes time and money, which comes, in part, from paying readers. If you enjoy articles like this one, please consider supporting us.
(It costs just a few cents a day.)