The Portland Police Bureau says its Human Trafficking unit patrolled on 82nd Avenue recently, leading to six arrests, the seizure of one gun and a small amount of drugs.
The patrol — alongside East Precinct officers and Multnomah County parole and probation officers — happened on Thursday, Dec. 12 and Friday, Dec. 13, according to a news release.
Its purpose was to address "street level prostitution," according to police. Police say victim advocates were on patrol and made additional resources available.
Here's who was arrested, according to police:
• Kimberly Johnson, 35, on a warrant for prostitution and unlawful prostitution procurement
• Carl Flie, 47, for charges of second-degree forgery and possession of a forgery instrument
• Christine Deloache, 50, on warrants for first-degree burglary
• Daniel Howton, 39, for a parole/probation violation
• Lonnie Larson, 30, for possession of meth and a parole/probation violation
• Derrick Willis, 34, on an unspecified warrant
"The circumstances surrounding the firearm seized is still actively being investigated," officers say.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.