Debate season has arrived as November's general election nears
The City Club of Portland is joining with Pamplin Media Group — parent company of the Portland Tribune — for a series of political debates starting this month.
Due to social distancing and the pandemic, the debates will be held via video. Participants can watch the event by going to the City Club's debate site.
The debates also will be telecast live at PortlandTribune.com.
XRAY.fm radio also is a sponsor.
The debate schedule includes:
• 6:30 p.m., Thursday Sept. 24: Portland mayor. As of press time, Mayor Ted Wheeler and challengers Sarah Iannarone have agreed to participate.
• 6:30 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 1: Oregon secretary of state, Democrat Sen. Shemia Fagan vs. Republican Sen. Kim Thatcher.
• Noon, Friday, Oct. 9: Portland City Council Position No. 4, incumbent Chloe Eudaly vs. Mingus Mapps.
• 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 13, Metro Council District 5, Mary Nolan vs. Chris Smith.
• 5:30 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 21: Oregon State Treasurer, incumbent Tobias Read vs. Jeff Gudman.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.