FONT & AUDIO

MORE STORIES


Crews performed patient care on four people, ventilated the structure and monitored carbon monoxide levels

An Eagle Creek resident was transported to Randall Children's Hospital for observation after responders were dispatched to Frog Pond Lane for a report of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Around 6 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 23, Clackamas Fire arrived at the scene and found propane-powered equipment being used in an enclosed structure that lacked proper ventilation. Crews performed patient care on four people, ventilated the structure and monitored carbon monoxide levels.

AMR and the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office also responded to the scene.

"Clackamas Fire District would like to remind you that when using propane-powered equipment you should have proper ventilation," read a news release from Clackamas Fire. "In addition, carbon monoxide alarms should be installed in a central location outside each sleeping area and on every level of the home and in other locations where required by applicable laws, codes or standards."

Leaders from Clackamas Fire also noted, "if the carbon monoxide alarm sounds, immediately move to a fresh air location outdoors or by an open window or door. Make sure everyone inside the home is accounted for. Call for help from a fresh air location and stay there until emergency personnel declare that it is safe to reenter the home."


You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.