King City Police Log: July 19-25, 2020
The press log is a summary of some of the calls for service that result in a police report being written. The press log does not include all calls for service for which a report is written or calls for service that do not require a police report. King City police routinely respond to and resolve calls for service that do not require a police report.
Sunday, July 19
• Several reports were taken about unlocked vehicles being entered and rummaged through overnight in the Edgewater on Tualatin neighborhood. One of the reports involved finding a wi-fi hotspot and turning it over to police.
Monday, July 20
• Police responded to a crash in the King City Plaza. A vehicle backing out of a front row parking space was rear-ended by a vehicle driving down the main road. One vehicle was towed.
• A vehicle was reported stolen from the Best Western Hotel by a hotel guest. The owner lent her vehicle to an associate and they didn't return it as agreed.
Wednesday, July 22
• Police received a report of a hit-and-run crash that damaged a vehicle parked at the King City Golf Course, 15355 S.W. Royalty Parkway. The back bumper and hatch were damaged.
Friday, July 24
• Police took several reports of an unlocked vehicles being entered overnight in the Edgewater on Tualatin neighborhood. Nothing of value was taken.
Saturday, July 25
• Officers assisted Tigard police with a single-vehicle injury crash on Southwest Royalty Parkway at 109th Avenue. The driver, who hit a parked semi-truck, told police the sun was in their eyes.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.