Washington County sets up 24-hour ballot dropsites
The Washington County Elections Division says that all but one of its ballot dropsites are now accessible 24 hours, without having to enter a building.
The dropsites are available for voters to cast their ballots up until 8 p.m. Tuesday, May 18. There are 21 throughout Washington County.
• Aloha Community Library, 17455 S.W. Farmington Road, Suite 26A
• Banks City Hall/Library, 111 Market St.
• Beaverton City Library, 12375 S.W. Fifth St. (box on Southwest Hall Boulevard)
• Beaverton Murray Scholls Branch Library, 11200 S.W. Murray Scholls Place, Suite 102
• Bethany Community Library, 15325 N.W. Central Drive, Suite J-8
• Cedar Mill Community Library, 1080 N.W. Saltzman Road
• Cornelius City Hall/Library, 1355 N. Barlow St.
• Forest Grove City Library, 2114 Pacific Ave.
• Garden Home Community Library, 7475 S.W. Oleson Road, Suite 6 (indoor drop box with limited hours)
• Hillsboro Brookwood Public Library, 2850 N.E. Brookwood Pkwy.
• Hillsboro Shute Park Public Library, 775 S.E. 10th Ave.
• King City City Hall, 15300 S.W. 116th Ave.
• North Plains City Hall, 31360 N.W. Commercial St.
• Sherwood City Hall, 22560 S.W. Pine St.
• Tigard City Hall, 13125 S.W. Hall Blvd.
• Tualatin Public Library, 18880 S.W. Martinazzi Ave.
• Washington County Elections Office, 2925 N.E. Aloclek Drive, Hillsboro
• Washington County Service Center East, 3700 S.W. Murray Blvd., Beaverton)
• Washington County Sheriff's Office/Jail Parking Lot, 236 S.W. Dennis Ave., Hillsboro
• West Slope Community Library, 3678 S.W. 78th Ave.
• Westside Commons (formerly Washington County Fair Complex), 801 N.E. 34th Ave., Hillsboro
Ballots placed in an official election drop box outside of Washington County will still be counted as long as they are in by the 8 p.m. Election Night deadline. However, they may take longer to arrive in Washington County to be tallied and added to the vote count.
Ballots can also be mailed, although they must be mailed in time to be received by Tuesday, May 18. In Oregon, ballot envelopes do not require paid postage.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.