Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.



This fire could have been avoided just by cleaning out the dryer lint trap after every use...

DAVID F. ASHTON - A full turn-out of firefighters and equipment limited fire damage to just one of the three townhomes. When neighbors caught sight of thick smoke rising from one of three townhomes at 7636 S.E. Henderson Street on April 12, they called the 9-1-1 Center to report it.

Minutes after the dispatch, Portland Fire & Rescue (PF&R) Lents Station 11's crew was first to arrive, at 4:27 p.m., followed by six other units from three different stations which responded to the fire.

Firefighters made entry and searched the townhome for potential victims, while other crew members hooked up water lines and attacked the fire, said to be located in the residence's utility room.

It took about eight minutes to put out the blaze. A PF&R Battalion Chief said the smoke was issuing from an operating clothing dryer.

"We've seen fires in clothes dryers and dishwashers; it's a good idea to be home when operating these appliances," he remarked. "And, please: Clean out your clothes dryer's lint trap every time you operate it!"

Quality local journalism takes time and money, which comes, in part, from paying readers. If you enjoy articles like this one, please consider supporting us.
(It costs just a few cents a day.)

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine