Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.



A holdup, a stolen car, and three pursuits later, an officer rams the suspect to put a stop to it

COURTESY OF KATU-TV-2 - A grocery store holdup on S.E. 122nd led to a two-day series of pursuits, ending with the suspect crashing and being arrested in the Woodstock neighborhood on December 7. On Thursday, December 5, East Precinct officers responded to a Safeway store at 3527 S.E. 122nd Avenue on the report of a holdup. Officers learned from store personnel that the suspect had brandished a gun during the robbery, and then had left the area in a car that turned out to have been stolen. Officers conducted an area check but could not find the suspect at that time.

But, on the following day, Friday, December 6, Officers came across the suspect vehicle and a traffic pursuit ensued. The officers terminated the pursuit after speeds exceeded 100 miles per hour.

The day after that, Saturday, December 7, officers following up on the case once again found, and attempted to stop, the suspect's car. The driver failed to stop, and another traffic pursuit took place. Officers once again terminated the pursuit once speeds exceeded 100 miles per hour.

A short time later on the same day, Officers were able again to locate the stolen car, and another traffic pursuit ensued. During this third pursuit, the suspect vehicle rammed and disabled a police car at the intersection of S.E. 60th Avenue and Woodstock Boulevard. The suspect managed to drive away, but an officer used his patrol car to ram and stop the suspect's vehicle near S.E. 57th Avenue and Insley Street in the Woodstock neighborhood. The suspect's stolen car was disabled, and officers were able to take him into custody.

One officer suffered minor injuries in the incident and was taken to the hospital. The suspect was also transported to an area hospital as a precaution before being taken to jail. Detectives from the Portland Police Bureau's Robbery Detail responded to assume the investigation.

MCDC BOOKING PHOTO - 30-year-old Jeremy Lowell Cannon is in jail charged with robbery, stealing a car, recklessly endangering in three different pursuits, and several other felonies. He was caught when an officer deliberately crashed his squad car into Cannons vehicle. The accused bandit and car thief, 30-year-old Jeremy Lowell Cannon, was booked into the Multnomah County Detention Center (MCDC) on December 7 at 6:33 p.m., on charges of Robbery in the First Degree, Robbery in the Second Degree, Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle, Recklessly Endangering Another Person, three counts of Attempting to Elude By Vehicle, two counts of Attempted Assault in the First Degree, and three counts of Reckless Driving.

He remains in jail in lieu of $577,500 combined bail.

You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.

Go to top
JSN Time 2 is designed by | powered by JSN Sun Framework