Homeless campfire singes powerlines at south end of Sellwood
Clackamas Fire and Rescue crews responded to a fire reported near S.E. 17th and Ochoco Street in Sellwood on Sunday morning, March 5. The fire started at a homeless camp and got out of control, damaging some nearby overhead power lines. There were no injuries, and the fire was swiftly extinguished.
A Clackamas Fire District #1 spokesperson said that apparently there were no power interruptions sparked by the blaze, but arriving firefighters heard "popping and explosion sounds" from the high-tension powerlines above the smoky fire as they pulled up.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.