Mobile home catches fire in Scappoose, leaving resident unconscious on floor as his clothing burned

PHOTO COURTESY OF SCAPPOOSE FIRE DISTRICT - Smoke billows from a mobile home in Scappoose. A man was rescued from the mobile home by a neighbor, but his condition remains unknown.A Scappoose man's condition is unknown after he was pulled from a burning mobile home while unconscious Saturday evening.

Firefighters from Scappoose Fire District responded to a fully engulfed structure at 52217 Village Way in Scappoose at 7:23 p.m. Saturday, a fire district news release indicates.

District officials say a neighbor called for help after smelling smoke and hearing another neighbor yelling outside.

"The front door was partially open and burning, he saw a person unconscious on the ground with their clothes on fire," the release states.

The neighbor carried the unconscious man out of the home to safety, where he regained consciousness and was transported via ambulance with life-threatening injuries to a Portland hospital by Columbia River Fire and Rescue, fire officials stated.

Investigators believe the fire started in the kitchen while the man who lived there was cooking, Cheryl Engstrom, the fire district's public information officer, stated Monday.

The victim's medical condition remains unknown.

As of 8:45 p.m., the home was still smoldering and fire crews remained on scene with two fire engines, a water tender vehicle, and four additional support vehicles.

Contract Publishing

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine