Firefighters respond to house fire Tuesday night; one person transported and treated for smoke inhalation, burns

PHOTO COURTESY OF COLUMBIA RIVER FIRE AND RESCUE - Columbia River Fire and Rescue crews responded to a house fire on Parkwood Drive on Tuesday, Feb. 6, that broke out in the A family of four was affected by a house fire on Parkwood Drive in St. Helens that broke out Tuesday evening, Feb. 6.

Columbia River Fire and Rescue crews were alerted to the blaze at 6:20 p.m. Tuesday, after the homeowner reported a fire in the kitchen and had attempted to put out the flames.

The homeowners left the house briefly to go to the store and returned to find flames in the kitchen, according to a press release from CRFR.

One of the homeowners, who were not identified, went into the house in an attempt to extinguish the fire, but was unable to and called 911.

Firefighters put out the blaze, but smoke caused damage throughout the house. Three adults, one child and three dogs were living in the home. The residents had just moved in a week prior, the release added.

The homeowner who went into the house was transported to a Portland-area hospital for smoke inhalation and burns.

The cause of the fire was believed to be a hot element on the stove that made contact with a nearby appliance.

CRFR responded with 11 firefighters, two chief officers, a public information officer, four fire engines, a rescue unit and a medic. Scappoose Fire District offered mutual assistance.

Contract Publishing

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine