Jeremy Boyd, 44, in jail on more than 40 counts of domestic violence after investigators uncover horrific incidents of abuse on 38-year-old woman

A St. Helens man believed to have abused his spouse for years is in jail on 41 counts of domestic violence charges, including rape and strangulation.

Boyd Jeremy A. Boyd, 44, was taken into custody Friday, March 9 after deputies with the Columbia County Sheriff's Office made forcible entry into a home last week where a woman was found with a black eye and several cuts on her hand, and later reported her husband urinated on her and shaved her head, in addition to several other incidents of physical abuse.

Authorities say they made contact with the victim, a 38-year-old woman, during a welfare check on her home in the 58000 block of Firlock Drive, near St. Helens, after she didn't show up for work on March 9. A caller who requested the welfare check said the home had a history of domestic violence and voiced concern for the woman's safety, a news release from CCSO stated.

Deputies arrived at the home March 9 and met the woman on her front porch, where they observed she had a black eye, "multiple small cuts on her hand" and complained of pain throughout her body.

During the interview with deputies, the woman received a call from Boyd, and stopped disclosing information, the release states.

Deputies found out where Boyd worked in St. Helens and attempted to find him there, but he was gone when they arrived.

They went back to the victim and suspect's home, but the woman would not come out to talk to deputies, according to CCSO. After persistent attempts to try to make contact with the victim, she eventually came to the door to advise she no longer need help. Deputies called for assistance from the St. Helens and Scappoose police departments, as well as Oregon State Police, and a team forced their way into the home, and arrested Boyd.

Boyd was initially arrested on charges of harassment, coercion and fourth-degree assault.

The victim was connected with SAFE of Columbia County and additional interviews with the woman revealed a troubling history of abuse.

"Over the next few days, investigators conducted additional interviews and were able to collect more evidence," Lt. Brian Pixley with CCSO stated in the news release. "What came out of that investigation was a disturbing story of ongoing abuse that deputies could trace back to a least a month's worth of incidents where the suspect assaulted the victim through various means."

Information submitted to the court indicates that on March 8, the day before deputies arrived at Boyd's home, he held the woman down and shaved her head, using fear and intimidation that he would hurt her if she stopped him. The month prior, Boyd reportedly punched the woman in the face, kicked her, strangled and urinated on her all within the same week.

An indictment against Boyd notes other incidents within the year prior, including a time he smeared dog feces in the victim's face, burned her, and committed various other acts of physical and sexual abuse toward her.

On Friday, March 16, a grand jury indicted Boyd on 42 counts of violence and harassment, including attempted murder, rape, sodomy, sexual abuse, strangulation, harassment, assault, kidnapping, coercion and menacing.

Boyd was initially booked into jail and held on $25,000 bail.

"Now that the grand jury has indicted him on so many more charges, his bail has increased to almost a million," Columbia County District Attorney Jeffrey Auxier noted Friday.

"This is a terrible case of domestic violence," Sheriff Jeff Dickerson stated in the news release. "Our investigators worked the case doggedly to tie up the loose ends in this case and to present a credible case to the grand jury. I also want to thank the advocate from SAFE who came to the scene, and helped the victim through the painful issues associated with this kind of abuse."

Contract Publishing

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine