FONT

MORE STORIES


Fire officials say property owner set reclining chair, other material on fire in burn pile

SCAPPOOSE FIRE DISTRICT PHOTO - The remnants of a recliner chair can still be seen afer a burn pile got out of control and started a brush fire in Scappoose.Scappoose firefighters extinguished a roughly half-acre brush fire off Ray Beer Road last Tuesday, Oct. 2, after a Scappoose property owner started a burn pile with household debris, including a recliner, that quickly spread. A hose on the property wasn't long enough to reach the flames, fire district officials said, and it spread to a nearby field. The property owner had a burn permit, but permits do not allow for igniting household debris like furniture or other non-organic materials. He was issued a violation and could face more fines or penalties if additional complaints arise.

Contract Publishing

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine