Scappoose Police Log: March 26-April 3, 2020
Friday, April 3
• Officers responded to a verbal disturbance in the 52000 block of Northeast First Street. It was reported a subject had been caught trying to take the belongings of another. Following an investigation, the subject was released and trespassed from the apartment where the incident occurred.
• Officers responded to the report of an assault in the 33000 block of Southwest Meadowbrook Drive. Following an investigation, Dallas Hamilton, 22, of Scappoose, was cited and released for criminal mischief and harassment.
Thursday, April 2
• Officers responded to a cold burglary in the 51000 block of Columbia River Highway. It was reported an unknown subject forced entry into a commercial building, used the restroom and left.
Wednesday, April 1
• Officers took a report of a vehicle stolen from a parking lot in the 52000 block of West Lane Road. The vehicle was stolen shortly after midnight but later recovered on the Columbia City Trail by the St. Helens Police Department.
• Officers assisted Oregon State Police and the Columbia County Sheriff's Office with an attempt to locate a vehicle that was driving recklessly and eluding police. The motorist was also reported to be making suicidal statements. The vehicle was later found crashed on Highway 47 near milepost 61 in Vernonia with nobody inside.
Tuesday, March 31
• Officers responded to a fight in progress in the 52000 block of Southwest Second Street. Following an investigation, Hailey Mitchell, 19, of Scappoose, was taken into custody for assault IV and strangulation.
Thursday, March 26
• Officers took a report of criminal mischief in the 52000 block of Southwest First Street. The victim stated an unknown subject keyed their car it was while parked on the street.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.