Columbia County Police Logs: Sept. 12-26, 2020
Oregon State Police
Friday, Sept. 25
• Troopers took a report of two vehicles that were broken into and several items stolen at Walton Beach on Sauvie Island. The case is under investigation.
Saturday, Sept. 26
• Troopers conducted a traffic stop on a motorist driving recklessly on Highway 30 near Watson Road in Scappoose. A 56-year-old St. Helens man was arrested for driving under the influence of intoxicants and reckless driving.
Saturday, Sept. 12
• Someone vandalized neighborhood mailboxes in the 33000 block of Southwest Jenny Lane and the 51000 block of Southeast Ninth Street. The cases are under investigation.
Sunday, Sept. 13
• Officers observed a suspicious vehicle on West Lane Road near McKay Drive. The driver was slumped over the steering wheel and appeared to be sleeping. Officers arrested the 31-year-old St. Helens man for possession of methamphetamine and heroin.
Wednesday, Sept. 16
• Officers responded to a report of stolen vehicle in the 52000 block of Northeast Porter Lane. The vehicle was later recovered on Sept. 20 by the Columbia County Sheriff's Office.
• Officers responded to a report of criminal mischief at Scappoose High School. The walls of the baseball dugout and another building had been spray-painted. The case is under investigation.
• Officers responded to a report of a restraining order violation in the 52000 block of West Lane Road after a note was left in the victim's mailbox. The case is under investigation.
Thursday, Sept. 17
• Officers responded to a report of a suspicious person in the 33000 block of East Columbia Avenue. Following an investigation, a 71-year-old Vancouver, Washington, man was arrested on outstanding Clatsop County warrant.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.