Oregon State Police
Monday, Sept. 28
• Troopers conducted a stop on a motorist for a traffic violation on Highway 30 near Gilmore Road in Scappoose. A woman was arrested for driving under the influence of intoxicants and possession of a controlled substance (psilocybin).
Tuesday, Sept. 29
• Troopers responded to a single-vehicle crash involving a deer on Highway 30 near milepost 23 in Scappoose. The driver was not injured. The deer died at the scene.
• Troopers assisted the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office with a vehicle fire on Northwest Reeder Road at Bill's Crossing on Sauvie Island. A two-door Honda was found fully engulfed in flames and there were no license plates on the car. Following an investigation, the vehicle was not listed as stolen and removed from the scene.
Friday, Sept. 18
• Officers responded to a cold theft at Jackpot Gas & Grocery. Following an investigation, a man was cited and released for theft III.
Saturday, Sept. 19
• Officers responded to a theft in progress at Fred Meyer Jewelers. It was reported a man stole a piece of jewelry and ran out of the store. The suspect was then seen getting into a black BMW with a red hood. The case is under investigation.
Monday, Sept. 21
• Officers took a report of a theft at Les Schwab. An unknown suspect cut a lock to a storage area and stole items. The case is under investigation pending security tape footage.
Thursday, Sept. 24
• Officers responded to a domestic disturbance in the 52000 block of Southwest First Street. Following an investigation, a man was arrested for assault IV and harassment.
• Officers responded to a theft at Fred Meyer. Following an investigation, a man was arrested for theft I, unauthorized use of a vehicle, criminal trespass and possession of a controlled substance. A woman was arrested on an outstanding Washington County warrant and another woman was arrested for theft III.
Friday, Sept. 25
• Officers responded to a theft at Fred Meyer. Following an investigation, a man was cited and released for theft II.
Saturday, Sept. 26
• Officers responded to a traffic complaint of a motorist swerving into oncoming traffic, driving on the shoulder and down the center of Highway 30. Following an investigation, a man was arrested for driving under the influence of intoxicants.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.