Columbia County Police Logs: Oct. 4-18, 2020
Oregon State Police
Friday, Oct. 16
• Troopers conducted a stop on a motorist following a traffic complaint on Highway 30 near milepost 23 in Scappoose. A 39-year-old Warren man was arrested for driving under the influence of intoxicants and possession of heroin. A passenger in the vehicle, a 64-year-old Columbia City man was arrested for possession of methamphetamine.
Sunday, Oct. 18
• A vehicle crashed into a guardrail on Highway 30 near milepost 42 in Rainier. The driver, a 32-year-old St. Helens man was arrested for driving under the influence of intoxicants.
• Troopers conducted a stop on a motorist driving erratically and committing multiple traffic violations on Highway 30 near Millard Road in St. Helens. The driver, an 18-year-old St. Helens man was cited for reckless driving.
Scappoose Police Department
Sunday, Oct. 4
• Following an investigation after a domestic disturbance in the 52000 block of Southwest Johanna Drive, a man and woman were cited for harassment. They were separated for the night and peace was restored.
• Officers responded to a report of an intoxicated driver in the parking lot of Fred Meyer. Following an investigation, a 26-year-old St. Helens woman was arrested for driving under the influence of intoxicants.
Tuesday, Oct. 6
• Officers assisted Columbia County Parole and Probation at a residence in the 33000 block of Southwest Jenny Lane. A 31-year-old Scappoose man was arrested for probation violation after a firearm and methamphetamine were found in the home.
Friday, Oct. 9
• Officers responded to a theft at Fred Meyer. Following an investigation, a 27-year-old St. Helens man was cited and released for second-degree theft.
Tuesday, Oct. 13
• A property owner in the 51000 block of Columbia River Highway stated a man was asked to leave the premises but refused and then threw an unknown substance. Following an investigation, a 30-year-old transient from Longview, Washington, was arrested for harassment.
Thursday, Oct. 15
• A locked vehicle was stolen from the 52000 block of Northeast Porter Lane.
• Officers responded to a report of an intoxicated driver on Southeast Eighth Street near Southeast Elm Street. A 53-year-old Scappoose woman was arrested for driving under the influence of intoxicants.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.