Graduates and Honorariums
The following honors have been accrued by students from our communities:
• Joseph Kolb of Sherwood graduated from Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y., in December 2017, earning a bachelor of arts degree in film studies and production.
• Garrett Edwards of Tualatin, who is in the graphic design program, made the Dean's List for the fall semester at Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, N.Y.
• Tabitha Coburn, economics major from Tigard, and Taylor Shannon, elementary education major from Sherwood, were named to the Harding University dean's list for grades achieved during the fall 2016 semester.
• Three local residents recently were initiated into The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, the nation's oldest and most selective all-discipline collegiate honor society. They are: Lindsay Barrow of Tigard, initiated at Western Oregon University; Ashley Shell of Tualatin, initiated at Boise State University; Jasmine Miller of Tualatin, initiated at Western Oregon University.
• The following students earned placement on the Gonzaga University Dean's List for fall semester 2017. Students must earn a 3.5 to 3.84 grade-point average to be listed. Locals include — Sherwood: Kierin Everett Noreen; Sarah L Penner and Peyton Elizabeth Reuter. Tigard: Braeden Thomas Charboneau and Kelly Elizabeth Kaempf. Tualatin: Julia Elizabeth Engstrom.
• The following students earned placement on the Gonzaga University Dean's List for fall semester 2017. Students must earn a 3.85 to 4.0 grade-point average to be listed. Locals include — Tigard: Thomas Bailey Kaempf. Tualatin: Ariana Y. Pumpelly.
• The following students were named to the Whitworth University provost's honor roll for fall semester 2017. Whitworth is in Spokane. Sherwood; Jacob Antony, Carl Madison, Brandon Geiger, Trent Goodwin and Lauren Klepinger. Tigard: Brett Thomas and Matthew Young. Tualatin: Grace Klinkhammer.
• Rebecca Young of Sherwood was named to the dean's list at Ashland University, in Ashland, Ohio, for the fall 2017 semester.
• The following students graduated this winter from Eastern Oregon University in La Grande — Sherwood: Emily Rachelle Boucher, masters of science in education. Tualatin: Devin Glenn Harris, business administration.
• The following students made the fall 2017 dean's list from Eastern Oregon University in La Grande — Sherwood: Brianna Elisara and Jeremy Sather. Tualatin: Chelsea Diamond.
• Andrea Berry of Tigard earned dean's list recognition at George Fox University in Newberg for the fall 2017 semester.
• Katherine Warren of Tigard was named to the dean's list for fall 2017 from George Fox University in Newberg.
Quality local journalism takes time and money, which comes, in part, from paying readers. If you enjoy articles like this one, please consider supporting us.
(It costs just a few cents a day.)