Clean out your garage, storage room
Want an easy way to dispose of an old mattress?
Recycle old printer cartridges, styrofoam and other hard-to-recycle items?
Then put the 2018 Fall Cleanup on your calendar. Sponsored by Portland Community Recycling, the annual event is slated Saturday, Nov. 3, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Bring your stuff to the Portland Christian Center parking lot, 5700 S.W. Dosch Road in Southwest Portland.
For a fee of $5, you can recycle several types of items:
• block styrofoam and food containers (not packing peanuts)
• compact fluorescent light bulbs (no tubes or incandescent bulbs)
• large and small batteries (separated by type)
• food container pouches (cleaned)
• snack bar wrappers (clean, silver-lined type)
• toothbrushes and plastic dental floss containers
For $20 per trip, you can bring in:
•bulky trash that won't fit into the garbage, including mattresses, hoses, scrap wood, and other items
• scrap metal, including washers and dryers
• small electronics
To get Sustainable Life news delivered weekly to your inbox: https://bit.ly/2Isfz1F
Quality local journalism takes time and money, which comes, in part, from paying readers. If you enjoy articles like this one, please consider supporting us.
(It costs just a few cents a day.)