Your photography could appear on the cover of the Visitor & Summer Fun Guide magazine
Last year The Outlook / Sandy Post put out a call to the community to submit photos that best showcase the amazing local places to visit and experience, from East Multnomah County on up to the summit of Mount Hood.
The winning entry came from Jenni Heller of Boring, who sent a shot of her daughter, Taylor, at Bridal Veil Falls in the Columbia River Gorge. Taylor's photo graced the cover of the 2019 Visitors & Summer Fun Guide, which was widely distributed throughout the region.
We're back with the same request in 2020.
Send us your best photos. We'll choose our favorite, which will appear on the cover of this year's magazine. We'll reward the photographer who submits the winning cover shot with a check or gift card in the amount of $100. Photos that don't make the cover will receive consideration to appear inside the magazine.
We have a few requirements:
• The destination must be somewhere within East Multnomah County, the Columbia River Gorge, the Sandy area, or the Mount Hood area. Think "visitor destination."
• Next, we'll only consider photos that include happy, smiling people. (In other words, your landscape photo — lovely as it may be — won't be considered for the cover shot unless it includes at least one happy, smiling person.)
• We'll need to know who's in the photo and where the photo was taken. And you have to agree to let us publish that information.
• Deadline: To receive consideration, submit your photos by April 10.
• Start sending those photos now.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.