Oregon Trail School District offers free meals for children
In an effort to keep school-aged children fed during this time of distance learning, the Oregon Trail School District will offer seven days-worth of meal packs for both breakfast and lunch starting this week.
Meals are free of charge to Oregon Trail students between the ages of 1 and 18 through the end of the 2020-2021 school year. Meals will be offered both for pick up at schools and dropped off by staff at locations around the district.
Pick-up packs include four days-worth of breakfasts and lunches.
School pick-up times are Tuesdays and Thursdays at the following times:
• Cedar Ridge Middle School, 17100 Bluff Road, Sandy: Noon to 1 p.m.
• Firwood Elementary School, 42900 S.E. Trubel Road, Sandy: 1-2 p.m.
• Naas Elementary School, 12240 S.E. School Ave., Boring: 1-2 p.m.
• Sandy High School, 37400 Bell Street, Sandy: 1-2 p.m.
• Welches Middle School, 24903 E. Salmon River Road, Welches: 1-2 p.m.
Community drop-off meal packs include three days-worth of breakfasts and lunches. Sites will be visited on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the following locations:
• Wunder Mobile Park, 19000 S.E. Bornstedt Road, Sandy: 12:50 p.m.
• Hood Course Acres, 25297 E. Welches Road, Welches: 1 p.m.
• Pioneer Mobile Park, 10625 S.E. 362nd Ave., Boring: 1 p.m.
• Big Valley Woods, 32700 S.E. Leewood Ln, Boring: 1:10 p.m.
• Barlow Trail Mobile Park, 35440 Highway 211, Boring: 1:30 p.m.
• Vista Loop Apartments, 40747 S.E. Highway 26, Sandy: 1:30 p.m.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.