Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.

FONT & AUDIO

MORE STORIES


Nonprofit to showcase art by those with low to no vision for bidding from Oct. 8-15

PMG FILE PHOTO: BRITTANY ALLEN - The Hull Foundation uses fundraisers to cover costs of workshops, retreats for those living with vision loss. To both empower artists with low to no vision and help fund the nonprofit, the Hull Foundation and Learning Center will host an art auction online highlighting work by artists with sight loss from Oct. 8-15.

"It's a great opportunity to promote awareness of sight loss and it supports artists who have sight loss," said Hull Executive Director Keith Vance.

The organization has already received more than a dozen items to display online for bidding, including work from readers, painters, wood turners and more.

The auction will begin with a virtual opening night reception on Friday, Oct. 8. For access to the opening event, contact the foundation office at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 503-668-6195. Bidding closes at 4 p.m. Friday, Oct. 15.

"There's a whole spectrum of pieces being submitted," Vance added. "We're excited to show these incredible things people are making."

The foundation is accepting artwork until Sept. 9. The proceeds from the auction will be split between the foundation and the artists represented, with 40% going to the Hull Foundation and the other 60% benefitting the artists. COURTESY PHOTO: UNSPLASH/JOHN SCHNOBRICH - The Hull Foundation and Learning Center will host an art auction online highlighting work by artists with sight loss from Oct. 8-15.

"We want people who are losing their sight to not lose hope that they'll lose touch with their art," Vance said. "(Art) may be different than how you've always done it, but it doesn't have to go away. It's amazing seeing the work being done by artists with a wide spectrum of sight loss."

Watch the foundation's website at oralhull.org for updates on the auction.


You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.

Go to top
JSN Time 2 is designed by JoomlaShine.com | powered by JSN Sun Framework