Support Local Journalism!        

Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.



As your local newspaper we are committed to keeping you connected to reliable information and resources. Call ahead or check the websites of the following organizations for up-to-date information.

COVID-19 Resources

As the consequences of COVID-19 affect our community and our world, the importance of our connection to reliable information, resources and one another is more evident than ever. As your local newspaper, we are committed to keeping you connected through local news, outbreak updates, stimulating features and community engagement as we make our way through these troubled times toward a brighter future together.


Care to Share coordinates assistance to families and individuals of Washington County needing emergency food and other basic needs. Care to Share helps people through crisis situations and connects them with other services if needed. 503-591-9079

Dial 211, a statewide hotline that connects Oregonians with resources for energy assistance, rental assistance, employment, shelter, food, health care, and more. You can call the hotline directly by dialing 2-1-1 on any phone. You can also go to www.211info. org and enter your zip code to find resources in your area.

Los residentes del área 97116 (Forest Grove), 97113 (Cornelius) y 97119 (Gaston) pueden llamar al 2-1-1 para asistencia individual y familiar.

Washington County has a list of community resources ontheir website at or call 503-846-3594. The site has a very helpful food resource list which includes food banks, pantries and churches offering support and assistance.

The Forest Grove Family Resource Center Offers social services, free food, clothing, and help in applying for public aid and government assistance. Call 503-324-5686 in Banks, 503-359-2598 in Forest Grove.

The Salvation Army Tualatin Valley Citadel in Hillsboro runs a thrift store, and can offer fi nancial support for bills, rent, etc. This is in addition to the various food assistance programs they administer. 503-640-4311.


The Oregon Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and the Oregon Energy Assistance program (OEAP) are federal funded assistance programs designed to help low income households with home heating and cooling costs. In Washington County through Community Action at 503-615-0771 or programs/energy-assistance.

Forest Grove has help for qualifi ed limited or fi xed income customers who need assistance paying their electric and/or water bill. Eligible households may get additional information and apply for these funds by calling the Utility Billing Offi ce at 503.992.3221.

The Columbia County PUD visit or call 503-397-0590 to learn about assistance programs available. Northwest natural has a list of resources for paying your gas bill at or call 800-4224012

Northwest natural has a list of resources for paying your gas bill at or call 800-422-4012.

The Salvation Army helps with energy assistance. Must have a shut-off or disconnect notice. 503-6404311

St. Vincent DePaul is accepting walk-ins for energy assistance requests at 442 S.E. Third Street in Hillsboro. 503-693-7528

Visit the Oregon Energy Fund at for more organizations offering energy assistance.


Visit Oregon Food Bank website for a list of resources by zip code at, call 503-505-7061 or email at [email protected] org.

The Food 2 You program will deliver essential food to Hillsboro community members who need it most during the COVID-19 pandemic, when getting to a food pantry may be diffi cult or dangerous to their health. The program will accept requests and deliver food two (2) days each week. Requests are accepted by phone at 503-681-5090 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays only, from noon to 4 pm. Orders are fi lled and delivered the following day (Wednesdays and Thursdays). Community members will also have the option to leave a voicemail message to request a call back to take their food request.

The North Plains Senior Center Food Pantry operates during limited hours. Call 503-285-6803.

Food, cash and childcare assistance is at Oregon Department of Human Services. Apply online at or call 503-693-4555 in Hillsboro, 503-646-9952 in Beaverton, 503-670-9711 in Tigard.

Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon has a list of resources including SNAP and Pandemic EBT, which provide fi nancial support for families to cover the cost of groceries at

The Sunshine Pantry in Beaverton can provide groceries and food vouchers are offered to seniors, low income, and others. Can refer individuals to a clothing closet too. Serves all of Washington County Oregon. Call 971-506-7827.

The Lord's Cupboard in Aloha offers free food boxes. Soup, cereal, baby formula for newborns and new parents, and other aid is offered. 503-591-9025.

Wapato Valley Church has drive through pick up of prepared boxes 5-7 p.m. on Thursday, 503-985-3351.

St. Juan Diego St. Vincent De Paul Pantry in Portland is a partnership of various churches and charities. Offers food too. Can refer applicants to fi nancial aid programs in Oregon and that the federal government offers. The church may also have household products, diapers, and clothing. 503-9856046.

Open Door Counseling Center in Hillsboro can help people apply for SNAP food stamps, USDA commodities, WIC vouchers for baby formula, and much more. 503-640-6268.

Banks Community Food Bank is open Wednesdays 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and 2-4 p.m. 503-647-5511.


Residents of the 97116 (Forest Grove), 97113 (Cornelius), and 97119 (Gaston) area may call 2-11 for individual and family assistance for essential needs. Details and updates found online at www.

Essential needs are:

• Food needs

• Medications

• Shelter

• Supplies such as clothing, diapers, etc.

When calling 2-1-1 be ready to provide:

1. Language preference

2. Your zip code

3. Let operator know what essential need you have.


Anyone interested in providing donations of food or supplies may call 2-1-1 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

School Districts may provide breakfast and lunch for pick-up, please visit district information below.

Beaverton –

Forest Grove –

Gaston –

Hillsboro –www.

Tigard-Tualatin –

Sherwood –

St. Helens –

Additional food banks, feeding sites, and soup kitchens operate in Washington County Oregon. Call 1-800-777-7427 for information.

Sponsored by:

Ace Hardware, Forest Grove

City of Cornelius

City of Forest Grove

American Family Insurance, Donald Denning Agency

Henningsen Cold Storage Co.

Van Dyke Appliance

Go to top