FONT

MORE STORIES


One condo unit sustains significant fire, water and smoke damage, while an adjacent one is still habitable.

Accidental improper disposal of smoking materials is being blamed for an early morning fire in Tigard, according to fire officials.

Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue firefighters were called to the 14000 block of 76th Avenue just after 6 a.m. to find a single-story building containing two condominium units on fire.

While the fire had extended from an outside wall into one of the units, firefighters were able to knock down the bulk of flames within the first 10 minutes, a fire spokeswoman reported.

Although one condominium sustained significant fire, smoke and water damage (displacing two people), there was only minor smoke damage to the adjacent unit and it was still habitable.

The American Red Cross is assisting the two displaced people with temporary housing and other needs.  

Contract Publishing

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine