Tigard Police Log: Aug. 20-25
From Aug. 20 to Aug. 25, the Tigard Police Department made 23 arrests, including six on outstanding warrants, six for driving under the influence of intoxicants, four for reckless driving, two for driving while suspended or revoked, two for hit-and-run crashes, three for assault, two for theft, and one for burglary.
Tuesday, Aug. 20
• A friendly pit bull was possibly dumped in the 13900 block of Southwest Pacific Highway by a white Volkswagen Golf. The caller was worried about the dog's safety.
• A caller reported that she received an email from her boss asking her to get her five $100 Amazon gift cards. The caller realized it was a scam.
• A juvenile caller reported that an adult male allegedly pointed a gun at him and took off running to the woods behind Fowler Middle School, 10865 S.W. Walnut Street. Human and K-9 officers made a thorough search of the area but didn't find anyone.
Wednesday, Aug. 21
• Officers arrested a female adult for driving under the influence of intoxicants after she failed to make a proper right turn in her Oldsmobile, colliding with another car in the 15700 block of Southwest Sequoia Parkway.
n A caller from Pacific Recreational Products, 7291 S.W. Tech Center Drive, reported a locksmith inside the location yelling because the business gave him a bad review. The suspect had a drill and was attempting to take the lock back.
• Officers responded to a single-vehicle accident on Highway 217 near Southwest 72nd Avenue. A 2003 Mercury Sable was wedged against the inside barrier separating the northbound and southbound lanes of traffic on the highway. Officers arrested the Portland woman who had been driving the car for DUII and reckless driving.
Thursday, Aug. 22
• Officers responded to a report of two children locked in a running vehicle in the Target parking lot in the 9000 block of Southwest Hall Boulevard. It was unknown how long they had been there or if the AC was running. The children appeared to be 1 to 3 years old.
n Officers responded to a disturbance in the 9000 block of Southwest Johnson Street involving yelled racial slurs and an 8-year-old child throwing rocks.
Friday, Aug. 23
• Officers arrested a Portland woman on Interstate 5 northbound near Southwest Haines Street for DUII and minor in possession after observing her Saturn sedan tailgating a semi-truck, swerving and almost hitting a pickup. Her blood alcohol content was reportedly measured at 0.14%.
• A Tigard man was arrested for burglary after he was allegedly observed on a security video breaking the window of a business in the 12200 block of Southwest Main Street. Officers later found him in the 9500 block of Southwest Washington Street, allegedly trying to break into a car.
• A caller reported that a company owned fuel card was stolen from a company vehicle in the 7800 block of Southwest Hunziker Road and over $750 of fuel had been charged to the account between July 24 and July 30.
Saturday, Aug. 24
• Officers arrested a Portland man for DUII after observing him make an unusually sharp left turn from Southwest Pacific Highway southbound onto Southwest 71st Avenue, attempt to go through a restaurant drive-through that was obviously closed, and speed over 80 mph when he entered I-5 northbound.
• Officers received a report of three males smoking marijuana on top of the Nordstrom parking structure in Washington Square. When officers arrived, no one was to be found.
• Officers arrested a Portland woman for DUII and reckless driving at the intersection of Southwest Pacific Highway and Hall Boulevard after receiving multiple reports about problematic driving, including a caller stating she was almost hit by the driver, whose vehicle was swerving very badly.
Quality local journalism takes time and money, which comes, in part, from paying readers. If you enjoy articles like this one, please consider supporting us.
(It costs just a few cents a day.)