Tigard Police Log: Aug. 26-Sept. 1
For the week of Aug. 26 through Sept. 1, Tigard police made 23 arrests, including nine for outstanding warrants, two for driving under the influence of intoxicants and one for felony domestic violence.
Tuesday, Aug. 27
• There were two reports of overnight vehicle break-ins in the parking lot of an apartment complex in the 10600 block of Southwest Murdock Lane.
• Officers arrested two males and one female for identity theft, theft, probation violation and arrest warrant after they allegedly used a stolen credit card to rent a hotel room and were found with devices used to commit fraud in the 9500 block of Southwest Locust Street.
• The owner of a business located in the 15700 block of Southwest 72nd Avenue reported that he fired an employee for embezzling at least $7,000.
Wednesday, Aug. 28
• A male suspect attempted to pawn a bike that had been reported as stolen in the 11500 block of Southwest Pacific Highway. The case is ongoing, and the suspect's probation officer has been contacted. The bike was reunited with its owner.
• Electronics and tools were stolen from a construction site in the 11700 block of Southwest 72nd Avenue.
• A caller reported that the house next door was supposed to be vacant, but there were strange people there who were doing drugs. There was extensive damage and garbage reported at the location in the 11000 block of Southwest Hall Boulevard.
Thursday, Aug. 29
• A caller reported that a snake came up through a heater hole in the 12300 block of Southwest Millview Court. It was three feet long and black and tan. The caller was frightened and only speaks broken English. The snake was eventually freed.
• A caller reported that their house in the 11300 block of Southwest 95th Avenue was broken into, but that the suspect had left his glasses behind.
• Officers responded to a report that a female suspect broke front windows and the garage door trying to get in the house in the 8200 block of Southwest Steve Avenue. She was arrested after brandishing the hammer and breaking windows.
Friday, Aug. 30
• A caller in the 14800 block of Southwest Greenfield Drive reported that her sister pulled her hair, pushed and held her down, and wants her dead.
• Officers responded to a report at the Gator Pub and Grill at 11475 S.W. Pacific Highway that a male suspect had taken a swing at the female bartender after she refused to serve him.
• Officers responded to a call in the 14000 block of Southwest 112th Avenue. The boyfriend was pushing and breaking things during an argument with his girlfriend about his infidelity.
Saturday, Aug. 31
• Officers were dispatched to a disturbance fight call at a hotel in the 11400 block of Southwest Pacific Highway. Two males and two females were loud and appeared to be intoxicated refusing to leave or quiet down. During contact, one male was arrested for a felony warrant and one female was arrested for a misdemeanor warrant out of Clackamas County.
• A caller reported that he left his wallet on the counter at a business in the 11600 block of Southwest Pacific Highway. When he returned 30 minutes later, it was gone.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.