Tigard Police Log: Sept. 9-15
Tigard police made 30 arrests in the week of Sept. 9 to Sept. 15, including three for driving under the influence of intoxicants and four for assault.
Tuesday, Sept. 10
• Officers responded to a location in the 11900 block of Southwest Pacific Highway where a male subject was removing his clothes and yelling at people. He was trespassed from the location but returned later and was arrested for trespassing.
• A male and a female subject reportedly stole facial creams at a location in Washington Square.
• A mother in the 14300 block of Southwest 112th Avenue reported her child had run away.
Wednesday, Sept. 11
• A caller reported a suspicious person in a hoodie outside the location in the 1300 block of Southwest Pacific Highway. Officers ascertained it was the caller's girlfriend waiting for him to get off work.
• Officers received several reports of a male pointing his finger like a gun and shooting at cars on Southwest Gaarde Street.
• Officers responded to a call in the 11700 block of Southwest Pacific Highway. A female was blocking the door to the business and asking customers to buy her beer. She was given a warning.
Friday, Sept. 13
• A caller reported a possibly intoxicated driver traveling eastbound on Southwest McDonald Street. Sparks and flamers were seen coming from the car. The vehicle careened through a series of fences, striking two houses and coming to rest atop a retaining wall in a backyard off Southwest Merlyne Court. When police arrived, the suspect had fled the scene. Police searched the area and found the bloodied St. Helens woman about two blocks away. She is facing charges of DUII, possession of methamphetamine, hit-and-run, and more.
• There were two complaints in the 15500 block of Southwest 79th Avenue about a loose and aggressive pit bull.
• Officers arrested a Portland man for interfering with a peace officer after they received a call about a disturbance on a TriMet bus in the 9400 block of Southwest Washington Square Road.
Saturday, Sept. 14
• Officers responded to a residence in the 1300 block of Southwest 90th Avenue for a verbal dispute between an ex-husband taking property and threatening the ex-wife in the garage. Peace was restored, although both said they will take the issue to court.
• A caller reported that a male was defecating behind the building in the 8700 block of Southwest Scoffins Street. Officers were unable to locate the subject, but the caller did take a picture of the proof.
• A report of a crying, screaming woman in the 1500 block of Southwest 107th Terrace resulted in the arrest of a teenage boy.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.